They All Knew

Posted by V the K at 8:55 pm - October 15, 2017.
Filed under: Big Hollywood

The Narrative the left is trying desperately to spin on Harvey Weinstain is that only a very few people knew about his behavior until courageous women, helped by courageous liberal journalists, broke the story last month. Hardly anyone in Hollywood knew. They were like German civilians who lived near Dachau and Birkenwald. “We had no idea what was going on in the camps. We noticed there weren’t as many Jews around, but we just thought they were on vacation or something.” Like Hillary, they were “shocked and appalled” when they “learned” what was really going on.

Here’s Courtney Love in 2005, blowing another hole in the “Nobody Knew” Narrative.

Here’s Kate Winslet, wanting you to know she was totes courageous for not thanking Harvey Weinstain when she won an Oscar in 2009.

Here’s Meryl Streep in 2017, sanctimoniously pontificating about Hollywood’s moral obligation to oppose those who abuse their power.

“This instinct to humiliate when it’s modeled by someone in the public platform by someone powerful, it filters down into everybody’s life ‘cause it kind of gives permission for other people to do the same thing. Disrespect invites disrespect. Violence incites violence. When the powerful use their position to bully others we all lose.”

She was not talking about Harvey Weinstein.

She wouldn’t have dared.

1. Feel free to provide evidence that Meryl Streep knew Harvey Weinstein raped and sexually harassed women.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 15, 2017 @ 9:17 pm - October 15, 2017

2. Also, Courtney Love made that remark in 2005. By TnnsNe1’s logic, she is still responsible for all the women Weinstein assaulted up until then.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 15, 2017 @ 9:19 pm - October 15, 2017

3. Vince, are you standing up for Harvey and the Left’s coverup, or are you just being contrarian?

Comment by Juan — October 15, 2017 @ 9:53 pm - October 15, 2017

4. CrayCray, is it so easy for you to believe that these supposedly morally superior people with no more education than you or I have, could have NOT known about this? You are as hypocritical as they all are. They knew and let it happen to get ahead. They are no better than anyone else just because they can act morally superior. Just like they allow gratuitous violence in their films and then decry violence…just like they say buzz words like ‘diversity’ and then hire only pretty white people…in the same way, they decry sexual harassment and assault, but turn a blind eye when they know it is happening. Stop trying to justify hypocrisy because the perpetrators are spokespeople for your elitist ideals. You would be screaming at the top of your lungs if this was a situation in which a right-wing leaning individual was caught doing what these left-wingers have done. What this all proves to everyone is that your people are no more morally superior than ours and that you all need to do the same thing you have been screaming at everyone else to do since November 2016: SHUT UP!!!!

Comment by TAD — October 16, 2017 @ 1:17 am - October 16, 2017

5. Vince, are you standing up for Harvey and the Left’s coverup, or are you just being contrarian?

Neither. I’m asking Jimmy for evidence, Juan. You’ve heard of that, right?

And, TAD, not interested in your thoughts. Go hug a tree.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 16, 2017 @ 2:37 am - October 16, 2017

6. My favorite story is the one where “famous” actresses go to a business meeting at HW’s company and are shocked to find they are expected to get the business. And there are so many.

Comment by Sennacherib — October 16, 2017 @ 5:58 am - October 16, 2017

7. Hugging trees is what you do, CrayCray. I have lost all respect for you.

Comment by TAD — October 16, 2017 @ 8:53 am - October 16, 2017

8. And the nominees for the Captain Louis Renault Award are… Meryl Streep; Hillary Clinton; and George Clooney.

Comment by Tom — October 16, 2017 @ 10:31 am - October 16, 2017

9. What is the Captain Louis Renault Award?

Comment by Pawfurbehr — October 16, 2017 @ 10:37 am - October 16, 2017

10. What is the Captain Louis Renault Award?

“Shocked! Shocked we are to find out that powerful Hollywood producers engage in systemic sexual exploitation of women!”
    It’s an old movie reference.

Comment by V the K — October 16, 2017 @ 10:50 am - October 16, 2017

11. Here’s another perspective: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7bICS0AF-A

Comment by Ignatius — October 16, 2017 @ 10:51 am - October 16, 2017

12. “Captain Louis Renault Award”
    I like that. It’s right up there with “as the respected leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca”!

Comment by Sennacherib — October 16, 2017 @ 1:14 pm - October 16, 2017

13. So didn’t any of these women have an agent or belong to the actors guild/union? Everyone keeps talking like they were facing Weinstein all alone…but it looks to me like the union and agencies would HAVE to have known.

Comment by TxSkye — October 16, 2017 @ 4:32 pm - October 16, 2017

14. @ccp: Seth MacFarlane knew of Weinstein’s conduct in 2013. He got laughs at the Academy Awards.

My bet is that his shenanigans were known to a fair number of people – many of whom like to lecture us proles on morality and stuff.

Comment by KCRob — October 16, 2017 @ 7:54 pm - October 16, 2017

15. According to CCP, all producers in Hollywood are pigs.

According to CCP, all women in Hollywood are meek, mild females who are scared of their own shadows.

According to CCP, these are the true voices of the Progressive Movement.

How sad is that?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 16, 2017 @ 8:30 pm - October 16, 2017

16. Hugging trees is what you do, CrayCray. I have lost all respect for you.

You’ve already voiced this. No one is interested. Go hug a rifle then.

@#15, You’re f*cking clueless. I don’t believe any of what you wrote. But, you’re trolling, so no surprise.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 16, 2017 @ 10:26 pm - October 16, 2017

17. Cray, read your own posts. Your opinions are perfectly clear.

You state, the reason the women had to remain silent is the room is filled with men. Logic dictates all the men in the room knew there were sexual assualts occurring and they did nothing. Your own words. A man who knows another man is sexually assaulting women and does nothing is a pig. Therefore, all of Hollywood men are pigs.

Women who have zero to lose, except fame and more gobs of money, who do not come forward about the sexual assualts of other women are cowards. The brave women are the ones who come forward with everything to lose. I am sorry Ms. Judd and Ms. Paltrow are not brave. They had nothing to lose of any importance by coming forward earlier.

And yes, these pigs and cowards are the voice and face of the Progressive Movement. Sad and ugly.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 16, 2017 @ 11:04 pm - October 16, 2017

18. CrayCray, making assumptions again. I own no guns. I don’t mind if you do. However, if you were making that comment in order to imply that should kill myself, thanks for making light of suicide, which my father committed with his gun when I was 17 and a senior in high school. Yeah…thanks for that hilarious and light-hearted joke.

Comment by TAD — October 17, 2017 @ 1:09 am - October 17, 2017

19. If you were making that comment in order to imply that should kill mysel

That’s all you, sport. Hugging a rifle doesn’t result in death. I’m not sure where you drew that out of. If I told you to hug your mouth around a rifle, that would have been telling you to go commit suicide. But, I didn’t.

I wouldn’t joke about such a thing. You really shouldn’t assume I’m the type of person that would. But, it’s probably too late for that. You’ve already made up your mind about me.

I’m sorry about your father.

Cray, read your own posts.

I wish you actually ready my posts, but you don’t. You rather project your ideas of who you think I am. I’m a bit over it. Not sure if I have the energy to respond to you anymore.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 17, 2017 @ 3:38 am - October 17, 2017

20. Thank you, Cray, for the clarification, and I do read your posts. However I often disagree with them or see a weak spot in your argument. It’s not personal to you specifically. I don’t know you. So how can I be too personal? I should be more careful in my pointedness, maybe? Again, thanks for the clarification.

Comment by TAD — October 17, 2017 @ 9:12 am - October 17, 2017

21. Katzenburg, Hollywood pack of sexual predators.

Miramax screen writer, everyone knew what was going on.

Reese Witherspoon, sexually assaulted as a child by Hollywood pervert.

CCP says Hollywood is wonderful. Fox is evil.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 17, 2017 @ 3:02 pm - October 17, 2017

22. I do read your posts.

Sorry for the confusion, TAD. I was quoting another commenter and responding to him. I didn’t mean to imply you weren’t reading my post when commenting. Anyway, I’m really tired of his trolling (as well as his obsession with me), etc.

thanks for the clarification.

You’re welcome. And again, I’m sorry about your father.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 17, 2017 @ 5:35 pm - October 17, 2017

23. Ever notice how if you keep pointing out facts to Progressives they get all flustered?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 17, 2017 @ 8:32 pm - October 17, 2017

24. Just in case our resident apologizing Progressives missed this one :

Jessica Chastain Admits Hollywood Has No Moral Authority: ‘We’re Very Quick to Point the Finger at Others’

and :

“According to Cartoon Brew, as many as 12 women came forward to accuse Savino of harassment including unwanted sexual advances and threats of blacklisting after relationships with co-workers had ended. The site said the reports date back at least a decade.”

But no one knew!

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 18, 2017 @ 1:45 pm - October 18, 2017

25. Boy, where is Roger Ailes when you need him …

Comment by Cas — October 18, 2017 @ 3:12 pm - October 18, 2017

26. Hi Cas,

I’m having difficulty pinning this down, but the popular thought around here is that Roger Ailes (and Bill O’Reilly for that matter) didn’t actually rape anyone, so somehow we’re detergent and anti-woman for suggesting that they’re horrible people like Harvey Weinstein.

And, apparently, Trump never admitted to sexual assault either with his “pu55y-grabbing” comment because to suggest so means one believes women have no agency.

Such a complicated dance this is. I think one of these brains should be donated to scientific research to perhaps shed light into how one makes these irrational conclusions.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 18, 2017 @ 4:15 pm - October 18, 2017

27. No worries CrayCrayPatriot, people will justify turning a blind eye to things that do not fit their narrative that “progressives” are bad and “conservatives” are saintly because well, I have no idea. I just find this vacuous article that V the K posted pretty irritating. Let me give you one example: “They knew. They all knew.” Awesome–knew what? Notice how this writer cannot actually state what it is that “they” knew. That is not an accident. Tucker Carlson did something similar when castigating Hollywood over its “feigned ignorance” on Weinstein’s appalling behaviour. And this is the same guy who thought Roger Ailes was a good man–well, at least to him. So, pardon me as I hold bay nose on this sanctimonious drivel, especially when we have the President of the USA on tape talking about the enjoyment he gets from sexually assaulting women. That is something WE all know. Not just “they” …

Comment by Cas — October 19, 2017 @ 1:39 am - October 19, 2017

28. Hey Cas :

“TheWrap’s Sharon Waxman has found witnesses to back up her claim that the left-wing New York Times killed a 2004 story that exposed producer Harvey Weinstein’s alleged sexual predations.”

That was 13 years ago. Yup nobody, I mean, nobody had any idea.

“people will justify turning a blind eye to things that do not fit their narrative”

This part of your statement sort of takes on a new light doesn’t it?

The Progressive News Media knew.

The highly place Progressive members of the Democratic Party knew.

According to CCP, ever producer and director (in the “room” knew). Countless victims from 9 years old and older knew. so, please explain who didn’t know? That seems to be the shorter list.

Face it. Progressive Feminist Men just pretend to be Feminists in order to get women into a situation where they can be assaulted.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 19, 2017 @ 2:01 pm - October 19, 2017

29. Hi Cas, Thanks for those links. One of them had some great stuff (the Tucker Carlson one). And I share your sentiment on how frustrating it is that people draw these lines and lack basic consistency (and thereby any self-awareness). And lol at “they all knew.” So true.

I found this article on Kevin Smith which GP has unfortunately not posted about:

[Kevin] Smith, whose career was launched and sustained by Harvey Weinstein, announced via his podcast, Hollywood Babble-On, that he intends to donate his Weinstein-related residuals to the Women In Film initiative. “No f*cking movie is worth all this. Like, my entire career, f*ck it, take it. It’s wrapped up in something really f*cking horrible,” he said. “I know it’s not my fault, but I didn’t f*cking help. Because I sat out there talking about this man like he was a hero, like he was my friend. I didn’t know the man that they keep talking about in the press. Clearly he exists, but that man never showed himself to me.”

But, apparently, according to GP, Kevin Smith knew too! How can we believe him, even though he just donated any profits he has made from Weinstein to an women’s institute.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 19, 2017 @ 4:25 pm - October 19, 2017

30. Look another person who didn’t know 10 years ago!

“TMZ caught up with Polish model Joanna Krupa, who says she was warned more than a decade ago about Harvey Weinstein’s reputation for being sexually aggressive with young women.”

“How can we believe him, even though he just donated any profits he has made from Weinstein to an women’s institute.”

Didn’t The Big Pig donate money to women’s causes?

I think they call that guilt money.

Actress Laura Dern has revealed she was sexually assaulted when she was just 14 years old.

Paltrow and her mom have known for over 20 years.

But they didn’t know, wink wink, cash a check here, cash a check there.

The claims are now coming out about the music industry and the fashion industry. But the “casting couch” is a big myth!

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 19, 2017 @ 5:36 pm - October 19, 2017

31. Hi TnnsNe1,

That was 13 years ago. Yup nobody, I mean, nobody had any idea.

I want to lead you through your claim a little. So, let us look at the article that you quote but do not link to:

“Baquet also claims Waxman did not have the story nailed down. … For her part, though, Waxman is every bit as compromised as she accuses the New York Times of being. She says she had the story nailed in 2004, but when she launched TheWrap in 2009, she was her own publisher and chose not to report it. Furthermore, her explanation for not doing so is contradicted by her own site’s reporting.”

So, TnnsNE1, what do you make of that? Is there a difference between an “idea” and “knowledge”? Because “Idea” as you use it feels very squishy. Or are you asserting that “idea” equals “knowledge”? I have no idea; you use them interchangeably. The article you quote undercuts your message that you want us to accept. After all, it is not clear what is the situation here. Pressure is applied–I agree, but is it possible that the story wasn’t as tied down as neatly as you suggest, so the NY Times made a risk assessment and acted conservatively? That Weinstein is probably suggesting suing the paper because the story isn’t as bullet-proof as Waxman tells us it is? Or do you disagree with that possibility, TnnsNe1? Why isn’t that possible? Mr Nolte’s guess might be right–it is all rather Byzantine to be sure! But it is also possible that my guess is also right! And your guess? Well, it could be right also, but you seem way too sure based on the information presented so far, TnnsNe1. 🙂

Again, you want to say–“They knew!!!!!!!” Really? That doesn’t look like knowledge or even justified belief to me. I could accept “conjecture,” a “trial balloon,” a “claim,” … well, you get the idea.

Comment by Cas — October 19, 2017 @ 7:57 pm - October 19, 2017

32. Cas, I was using the Progressive standard of guilt.

Why should we be using any other standard regarding Progressive Pigs?

In other words, you want actual proof that someone knew or did something? Haha. When did Progressives start that standard?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 19, 2017 @ 8:19 pm - October 19, 2017

33. In other words, you want actual proof that someone knew or did something? Haha.

TnnsNe1, you do know that you made the claim, right? Claimed that it was true? That you appear to use “idea” and “knowledge” to mean the same thing to you?

If you want to use V the K’s “standard of proof” because it makes for a good story that reinforces your beliefs about the world, doesn’t have to be true, and doesn’t require that you know what you are talking about, have at it.

Comment by Cas — October 19, 2017 @ 11:26 pm - October 19, 2017

34. I was using the Progressive standard of proof for example :

A video no one saw caused the attack in Benghazi.

Rolling Stones story on campus assaults.

Lena Dunham (anything she says).

Trump Russia.

“I didn’t have sex with that woman.”

The mayor of San Juan.

Russia Facebook ads.

Countless false campus assault stories.

You are familiar with that standard of proof right? Why require me to adhere to a different standard of proof than what Progressive require? Isn’t that called hypocrisy? Why are you protecting these pigs?

“Quentin Tarantino, the Hollywood director most closely tied to Harvey Weinstein, has known for decades about the producer’s alleged misconduct toward women and now feels ashamed he did not take a stronger stand and stop working with him, he said in an interview.” – NYT

Another Hollywood PIG. And these are the faces and voices of the Progressive Movement. Do you still wonder why Mrs. Clinton (the pervert magnet) lost the election?

It is now reported these types of assaults were committed (and covered up) in the fashion industry and the music industry, both bastions of the Progressive Movement.

It seems the DOJ and local DA’s in NY and CA turned a blind eye to these assaults. Perhaps the constant stream of money into the campaign coffers of the Progressive candidates (not to mention the related income from these industries) was more important than protecting women. Sounds like a war on women to me.

But keep making excuses for these pigs. People like you will make 2018 much easier for Conservatives.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 20, 2017 @ 11:18 am - October 20, 2017

35. Another Progressive Pig :

“Vox Media editorial director Lockhart Steele fired after being accused of sexually harassing a former employee.”
    Was he a self proclaimed feminist?

Lara Flynn Boyle spoke with The Hollywood Reporter about being sexually harassed in Hollywood “all the time.”

She didn’t know?

“Actress Natasha Lyonne says she was ‘overpowered’ by an unnamed Hollywood film director when she “was roughly 19.”

How many are there in the “room” that CCP defined?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 20, 2017 @ 11:36 am - October 20, 2017

36. Latest Update for Cas :

“First there is Ben Affleck. Hollywood’s Batman has now been dubbed Buttman due to a series of public accusations of groping. Affleck has apologized for one incident, but he has ignored allegations from 2015 that he serially grabbed women’s butts at the Golden Globes. And in order to protect him (and Justice League), so has the entertainment media.

Second on the list is Jason Momoa. Because the Internet is forever, Hollywood’s Aquaman recently apologized for a joke about rape he made some six years ago.

Lastly (and possibly worstly — if that’s a word), there is co-director Whedon, another Justice League player who finds rape high-larious, a self-described feminist who has spent years lording his woken superiority over the rest of us only to demolish the pedestal he so carefully crafted for himself by calling a woman a dog, shaming the looks of an actress who dared think for herself, and mocking the attractiveness of — brace yourselves — female cancer survivors.

Moreover, while Whedon was lecturing the rest of us about how to respect women, he was out betraying his very own then-wife courtesy of the infamous casting couch. According to his ex-wife, Whedon told her that his Hollywood power gave him access to a bevy of “beautiful, needy, aggressive young women.”

So far we have :

Weinstein
    Stone
    Whedon
    Tarantino
    Katzenburg
    The Board of TWC
    Affleck
    Clooney
    Paltrow (and her mother)
    NYT
    NBC
    Disney
    Seth MacFarlane
    Linda Bloodworth-Thomason and the 3 HIGH level Democrats she told.

That is a partial list. So, Cas, tell us again how nobody knew.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 20, 2017 @ 2:06 pm - October 20, 2017

37. This just in :

Over 200 women working in Hollywood’s animation industry sent an open letter Thursday to executives at all of the major Los Angeles studios — including Disney, Dreamworks, Warner Bros., Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, Paramount, Sony Pictures Animation — demanding they help bring an end to the “widespread” sexual harassment and assault in the workplace.

Gays can’t be left out

Netflix recently reached a settlement with former HR director Barry Coleman, who accused executives at the streaming giant of “tolerating harassment and discrimination” and blasted the company’s “veneer of a perfect disruptive, progressive” business.

Things got worse, from Coleman’s perspective. He claimed a male superior in Netflix’s talent group made romantic advances on him in April 2016 by speaking about a rendezvous with a handsome business executive and inviting Coleman along. “Being heterosexual, [Coleman] was uncomfortable with [the superior’s] advances and attempted to keep some distance so as not to offend his superior,” stated a complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court. “However, the invitations to go out continued.”

Is this feminism?

Actress Sean Young Barbra Streisand shamed her when she accused Warren Beatty of sexual harassment.

Does Cas really think we are so stupid that we will believe no one knew what was going on?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 20, 2017 @ 4:11 pm - October 20, 2017