Once Again, You’re Probably a Racist

We’re just two weeks out from Halloween. (Silver Shamrock!) And as we know, every holiday must be used as an occasion for virtue signaling and head tilty lecture from our leftist “betters.” So, here ya go… 8 Halloween Costumes That Are Actually Racist, Even if You Might Not Realize It.

The TL:DR version is… Gypsy, Voodoo priestess, Day of the Dead (unless you’re Mexican), Nazi, Rastafarian, Egyptian Goddess, Geisha, Border Wall.

Most of those costumes are lame anyway. And would a Nazi really be so bad if it were a ‘Dead Snow’ inspired zombie Nazi? Probably.

I bet it’s still OK to dress as a Communist, though.

In case you’re wondering, dressing up as Obama is OK if the costume celebrates his coolness and awesomeness, but if it is in anyway mocking or critical, then you’re a racist.

I did not make that last part up.

1. Do you hear about this one?

The Charlottesville incident 2 months ago celebrated its first gay Neo Nazi wedding. Who knows though if this is true or not.

Comment by pawfurbehr — October 16, 2017 @ 9:08 pm - October 16, 2017

2. It’s all so tiresome…

(about 5 seconds)

I see that Calypso Louie Farrakhan (American religious leader, according to wikipedia) tweeted that blacks and whites need to separate which is a view shared by many on the “alt-right”.

Given that “racism” has evolved into any nano-aggression imagined by professional aggression noticers, I confess that I wonder if Louie has a point.

Comment by KCRob — October 16, 2017 @ 9:56 pm - October 16, 2017

3. Next costume party, I’m going as a Country Club Republican.
    …Oops, I do “that” every Friday afternoon.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 17, 2017 @ 1:39 am - October 17, 2017

4. US Leftists still think the rest of the country takes their race baiting seriously. Perhaps they do because a lot of foreigners buy into their false reality that there’s a problem here, maybe Establishment GOP wobbly knees reacting also persuades the ignorant that there’s been no progress over the decades. Maybe.

Otherwise, no one cares. Lesser nations have their own problems with racism & try to take their cues from US Democrats, though that can be a bit confusing since there are no counterparts or analogues here to relate to – in reality.

So, I would advise everyone to do as they please – on the Right. Unless one is a public figure, of course. They don’t need an extra headache or two.

I still have my Obama mask with an ad hoc big fly I stuck on the cheek. I keep it as a trophy, not sure if I want to risk it’s destruction since the Obama Era is dead & gone. Since we live in the United States of Amnesia sometimes, it’s a real possibility that no one would know what my Obama mask is all about. It’s as precious as a campaign button. Good times.

Comment by Hanover — October 17, 2017 @ 1:41 am - October 17, 2017

5. As a woman of Japanese descent, is it #culturalappropriation if I dress up like a Geisha Girl this Halloween?

Comment by runningrn — October 17, 2017 @ 2:18 am - October 17, 2017

6. I wonder about that Day of the Dead costume. How Mexican do you have to be to wear it? My grandmother was born and raised in Mexico, so she could have worn it, right? But what about my dad, who was born and lived in the US, even though his family moved back to Mexico for a few years when he was growing up? I never lived in Mexico myself, but is my Mexican ancestry enough to qualify me? If it’s not, can white liberals with zero Mexican ancestry pass judgment on whether I am Mexican enough to wear a Day of the Dead costume?

Comment by Conservative Guy — October 17, 2017 @ 3:53 am - October 17, 2017

7. Conservative Guy,

White Liberals are passing judgment on black folk, telling them they’re not black, that they should realize they’re being oppressed, and misc other things. So I’m pretty usre they’d be willing to pass judgement on whether or not it would be racist of you to wear a Day of the Dead costume.

Protip: It probably is.

Because -everything- is racist, if you try hard enough.

Comment by aerinyes — October 17, 2017 @ 5:53 am - October 17, 2017

8. More like everything is racist, bigoted, homophobic and misogynist unless you are one of them…no matter your race, sexual preferences or gender.

Comment by runningrn — October 17, 2017 @ 8:48 am - October 17, 2017

9. Something tells me these PC overlords miss the whole point of Halloween. They are the new Puritans … somebody somewhere may be having fun….must stop it now….can’t breathe….Trump…Trump….Trump…..arggghhhhh!!

Comment by Rex — October 17, 2017 @ 9:05 am - October 17, 2017

10. It’s the beginning of the annual reminders to go back and watch one of Bill Maher’s “New Rules” segments (relevant part at 2:55):

Comment by Crispy — October 17, 2017 @ 10:30 am - October 17, 2017

11. I really hate Halloween, such a stupid holiday.

Comment by James — October 17, 2017 @ 11:18 am - October 17, 2017

12. Don’t worry James in a few weeks the left will be writing the how to deck your conservative uncle at thanksgiving stories, so we have that to look forward to which is nice.

Comment by BosDan — October 17, 2017 @ 1:41 pm - October 17, 2017

13. If your Halloween costume doesn’t offend someone at the party,
    …you are not doing it right.

Halloween is about transgressing norms, not conforming to norms. Just saying…

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 17, 2017 @ 1:55 pm - October 17, 2017

14. @ 12, oh yeah sure I’ll even tell you about beating the crap out of my liberal uncle and his family too

Comment by James — October 17, 2017 @ 3:49 pm - October 17, 2017

15. @12 yes, they do that every year. They write articles, for example, giving talking points to use to try to win arguments with conservative relatives on the hot political issues. You never see them write articles with tips for how to politely listen to someone you don’t agree with, or helping everyone in the family get along for just one day. Liberals are NOT about peace, love, tolerance, and understanding.

Comment by Conservative guy — October 17, 2017 @ 5:35 pm - October 17, 2017