Guilt-Ridden White Pajama Boy Fantasizes About Violence

Posted by V the K at 6:37 am - October 23, 2017.
Filed under: Violence on the Left

A writer at the leftist clickbait site Salon writes about the violent fantasies that both consume him and drive him deeper int self-loathing. (Safe link to Twitchy.)

At work, I’ve spaced out for 20 minutes at a time during meetings, daydreaming about committing violence, always righteously, in overly dramatic, obnoxiously heroic ways, with a very troubling overtone of white saviorism. In addition to saving the girls from a male predator with my brute strength and righteous rage, I’ve had another recurring fantasy of saving the passengers on a plane hijacked by “911-esque” terrorists. I tackle an armed hijacker, turn his gun on him, immediately inspire the other passengers to team up to distract the terrorists, and then deftly fire bullets into all three terrorists’ heads. Dark blood drips down their noses from the wounds on their foreheads. If the meeting is particularly boring, I’ll concoct permutations, new endings. Because it just feels so damn good. Like the dopamine rush of a sex fantasy.

He is coping with this by attending meetings of other white beta males who reinforce each others guilt and self-loathing, but it isn’t helping.

I sporadically attend an anti-racist/anti-sexist white male group (yep, those exist). I came into this week’s meeting, brooding. Emotional tumult, eyes boring into the ground, irked by the benign tone of the conversation. It’s time for my check-in. My heart pounds and I think I might cry.

Someone get him a tissue.

1. WTF? Normally I would suggest he immediately-remove himself from the gene pool, but from the sounds of things it’s very-unlikely he’ll ever reproduce anyway. [/sarcasm]

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 23, 2017 @ 8:39 am - October 23, 2017

2. meetings of other white beta males

Sheesh, the only way he even comes close to “beta” is if you start with “omega” and work BACKWARDS through the Greek alphabet.

Comment by Throbert McGee — October 23, 2017 @ 9:30 am - October 23, 2017

3. Someone get him a tissue tampon.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 23, 2017 @ 10:57 am - October 23, 2017

4. Well he could always join antifa and fulfill his dreams. Anybody got a bike lock?

Comment by Rex — October 23, 2017 @ 12:08 pm - October 23, 2017

5. He’s autistic and obviously not even second best (beta). Fictional fiction is not even worthy of print. Salon is scraping the bottom using these creatures.

Comment by Hanover — October 23, 2017 @ 12:15 pm - October 23, 2017

6. Wait, wat! I’ve literally seen this movie before.

“What the f**k have you done lately?”

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 23, 2017 @ 2:04 pm - October 23, 2017

7. At least he daydreams about being a man.

Comment by MikeyParks — October 23, 2017 @ 2:48 pm - October 23, 2017

8. As they say in the South, “That boy ain’t right.” Trying to be charitable, he needs considerable amounts of therapy. But he might be only suited for the padded room before he finds a cyanide tablet.

Why do editors (of other than psych journals) print deranged stuff like this?

Comment by TheQuietMan — October 23, 2017 @ 4:00 pm - October 23, 2017

9. The secret life of Walter Mitty

Comment by The Poetry Man — October 23, 2017 @ 4:28 pm - October 23, 2017

10. Something tells me all the tissues he is taking into the bathroom are not for crying on. Also I hope he is staying out of the women’s bathroom.

Comment by Sandra — October 23, 2017 @ 6:16 pm - October 23, 2017

11. The Poetry Man (#9), I was going to say that you have a grimmer interpretation than I got from the original short story and the movie with Danny Kaye, Virginia Mayo, and Boris Karloff, but then while checking something I was reminded there was a recent remake (2013 with Ben Stiller et al–I looked it up). That is probably much darker than the earlier versions.

(I’ll forgive the 1947 movie’s liberties with the story because of the “Anatole of Paris” sequence. Danny Kaye at his best.)

Comment by TheQuietMan — October 23, 2017 @ 11:50 pm - October 23, 2017

12. TheQuietMan : Yes,I was considering the 2013 remake.
    And thank you for reminding me of the original. 🙂

Comment by The Poetry Man — October 24, 2017 @ 3:13 am - October 24, 2017

13. Seriously, lefties are starting to creep me out.

Comment by Rusty — October 24, 2017 @ 9:51 pm - October 24, 2017

14. Starting??

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 25, 2017 @ 10:26 am - October 25, 2017

15. Rusty, welcome to the party!

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 25, 2017 @ 10:32 am - October 25, 2017