Question

Posted by V the K at 8:56 pm - October 24, 2017.
Filed under: Gay PC Silliness

The Virtue Signalers have put the word out that white people should not allow their daughters to go as Moana for Halloween, because… you know… Cultural Appropriation and all that.

But… BUT… what if your male child wants to be Moana?

Last I checked, gender dysphoria trumps melanin in the Progressive stack.

What are you going to say, virtue signaling nincompoops? “I’m sorry, Honey. You’ll just have to pick a white Disney Princess.” “Why, Mommy?” “Because it’s not OK to pretend to be something you’re … um… not.”

It is, indeed, a most stupid time to be alive.

1. The people that write this drivel are living proof that humans are given a limited number of thoughts.

Comment by KCRob — October 24, 2017 @ 9:46 pm - October 24, 2017

2. The problem is that they are OVER thinking EVERYTHING. With life as it happens every day, who has the time to sit around and think about all of this crap??? Who is getting paid to sit around and think about ways to be offended, because they sure aren’t thinking about the consequences of their prolific offenses…

Comment by TAD — October 24, 2017 @ 9:53 pm - October 24, 2017

3. I am going to dress my dog as Moana. If anyone complains I will call them a speciest. My other dog is going as Maui because he has the body build for it.

Comment by Sandra — October 24, 2017 @ 10:04 pm - October 24, 2017

4. And yet, white women dance the hula well in Hawaii and almost everyone seems happy about it there. The Hawaiians enjoy sharing their culture, and the whites enjoy learning about the Hawaiian culture. Everyone wins.

These nobody-can-have-any-fun-outside-of-his-or-her-bloodlines types are taking fun and respectful learning out of society.

(I am explicitly not including blackface and similar, er, costuming, which tends to denigrate, not show appreciation, of a culture.)

Comment by TheQuietMan — October 24, 2017 @ 10:04 pm - October 24, 2017

5. Why dress up the dogs for Halloween –
    1. They are both hams
    2. They like the extra treats they can get from looking extra cute
    3. I like jerking Leftists chains and pointing out their hypocrisy

Comment by Sandra — October 24, 2017 @ 10:07 pm - October 24, 2017

6. The quietman there was a big stink by SJWs a couple of years ago against white women learning hula or belly dancing. It did not go over very well and made the SJWs look like the bigoted idiots that they are.

Comment by Sandra — October 24, 2017 @ 10:10 pm - October 24, 2017

7. @4 it is because they are totalitarians, you are only allowed to do what they say. people need to start telling them that you live in a FREE country and if they don’t like what your doing they FREE not to like it. you can never appease a totalitarian, so we need to all stop trying.

Comment by salg — October 24, 2017 @ 10:24 pm - October 24, 2017

8. So, no children of color can go as White superheroes? Or princesses?

Remember the Latina who ranted about hoop earrings and white women wearing them? Seems hoop earrings were part of the Mesopotamia culture. Oops. Let the games continue. The Progressive Movement is much like the Perpetually Angry Muslim Man. I guess that is why Progressives are so enamoured with Islam.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 24, 2017 @ 10:38 pm - October 24, 2017

9. Isn’t any non-white person who celebrates Halloween guilty of cultural appropriation?

Comment by V the K — October 25, 2017 @ 12:16 pm - October 25, 2017

10. To paraphrase a response to a reader, that a Mad Magazine editor, said about the dud, [1982] film, “Megaforce”:

I’d talk to you about this film, and tell you my thoughts about Moana, but as far as I know: no one saw the film.

But there is no joy in Disney-ville,

Mighty Mickey Mouse has struck out.

Comment by TR — October 25, 2017 @ 1:32 pm - October 25, 2017

11. Puritanism: The condition of being perpetually angry because you know that somewhere, someone is enjoying their life more than you are yours.

Comment by Sean L — October 25, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - October 25, 2017

12. I’m coming to the conclusion that my standard retort to the SJWs’ complaints, whining and perceived slights shall be, “I should be sorry you feel that way, but I’m not… So f**k off!” [/emphasis]

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — October 25, 2017 @ 5:34 pm - October 25, 2017

13. Here in the real (sane) world, people are not listening to these “idjits” and doing allowing their children to dress up as whoever they want to.

Comment by MaryB — October 25, 2017 @ 6:21 pm - October 25, 2017

14. People on the left and right, some of them anyway, are always trying to bash Halloween. Halloween is everyone’s favorite punching bag and I’m sick of it!

Comment by Hanover — October 25, 2017 @ 7:27 pm - October 25, 2017