Gag Me

Posted by V the K at 7:41 pm - October 25, 2017.
Filed under: Dishonest Democrats

Democrat Senator and self-described “bearded socialist” Chris Coons pretends that he once had respect for the Republican Party.

I may disagree with Mr. Flake on policy, but I consider him an honorable man, a loyal friend and a valued colleague. His retirement is deeply troubling to me because he represents a principled and patriotic Republican Party, one that has long championed strong American leadership around the world, and one I now fear is falling apart.

I call BS.

Mr Coons and his colleagues have never regarded the Republican Party as “principled and patriotic.” No, they declared that Republicans have a “War on Women,” that Republicans hate gays and immigrants, that Republicans want to destroy the environment, want to put black people into chains. All assertions Mr Coons has never objected to when they were being levied by Democrats.

His article goes on to sanctimoniously preen about the “corrosion” of the political culture; a corrosion that he never found objectionable before, but now that the Democrats are looking to drive a wedge between PDT and Republicans, he suddenly pretends to care about civility.

If Jeb Bush or John Kasich were president, the attacks against them would be no less vicious than the attacks are against PDT.  The only difference is Trump fights back. After two Bush punching bag presidencies where the Oval Office was occupied by men who thought defending the right against attacks from the left was ungentlemanly and beneath them, the left is confounded to have a president who stands up for himself.  One may disagree with the way he defends himself, but it is indeed a change from how Republicans normally  operate.

1. Hi V the K,

I have to say that I watch a few videos from Mika and Scarborough from time to time (she’s of Czech descent; so I gotta represent!). I find them quite entertaining to watch in small doses. While I pretty much agree with their POV and the disappointment they express on a consistent basis about much of the Trump administration, I do take a couple of exceptions to their coverage:

1) They sweat the small things while ignoring the bigger picture, which does them, their viewers, and the country a disservice. This is their biggest transgression IMO.

2) They come across as a bit comical. Or, perhaps I see them that way, due to my own sarcastic way of viewing life sometimes, as my own form of detachment as to not have to confront the ugly realities of the administration and it’s me who isn’t taking them serious enough.

3) They do come across as disingenuous with how they laud Republicans who “fall in line” with them.

So, yes, I agree with you, they temporarily (?) have thrown support to Republicans and “revised” history a bit as they now share a common “enemy.”

So, I will take this moment to acknowledge that there is some truth in what you have written. (See how easy that was?)

If Jeb Bush or John Kasich were president, the attacks against them would be no less vicious than the attacks are against PDT. The only difference is Trump fights back.

However, I do disagree with the “no less vicious” part. Would the MSM be critical of Bush or Kasich were they president? No question, yes. (I think a Kasich presidency would have been interesting and perhaps could have been a good thing.) Less vicious? Well, actually, yes, I think they would be less vicious, unless Bush/Kasich carried themselves in a manner akin to Trump. His boldface lies give the MSM kindling for their fire. And, unfortunately, they run with it a bit too far.

But, guess what? Trump is president. He has been for over nine months now, close to the term of a standard pregnancy. Congratulations. You won (almost a year ago). It’s an orange baby boy!

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 25, 2017 @ 8:54 pm - October 25, 2017

2. “To engage in ruthless attacks while sanctimoniously demanding civility from the other side is not a change from how Democrats normally operate.”

Cas and CCP in a nutshell.

“How about some posts of the actual meat behind this administration and what they’re actually doing?”

Instead of constantly demanding the writer of this blog do this and that, why don’t you write your own blog? Oh wait, you are a Progressive who demands of others but does very little on their own.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 25, 2017 @ 9:28 pm - October 25, 2017

3. Here is a whole category of substantive posts on economics. You’ll note that CCCP has almost never commented on them.

Comment by V the K — October 25, 2017 @ 9:50 pm - October 25, 2017

4. Hi, CCP,

You still deflect. Good job. Your masters will be proud of you.

Cheers, Blow it out your Axx

Comment by Lobogris — October 25, 2017 @ 9:59 pm - October 25, 2017

5. “It’s an orange baby boy!”

Um, didn’t you just try to shame V for making fun of a person’s appearance? Did you just scold someone for not being consistent? Umm. Silly Progressive.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 25, 2017 @ 10:06 pm - October 25, 2017

6. Hi V the K,

Thanks for that link. Over three months have passed since your last last examination of Trump’s administration. Is there a reason why there isn’t a “Trump” tag, only a “Trump-hatred” tag? Hmmn. Curious.

Cheers,
    CCP

Hi Lobogris,

You still deflect.

Interesting response considering the substance in Comment #1.

Blow it out your Axx

Here’s a gif I made for you. Well, not really for you. But, feel free to use it.

How is your bigger world?

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 25, 2017 @ 10:18 pm - October 25, 2017

7. Hey, CCP, what are Trump’s boldfaced lies? I’m curious. So far a lot of what he said was true. I think people conflate with how he delivers his statements with the veracity of those statements. (They find his syntax and tweeting distasteful and Unpresidential). However, he has been proven to be right time and again.

Comment by runningrn — October 25, 2017 @ 10:51 pm - October 25, 2017

8. Hi runningrn,

Well, for starters, just the other day:

I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!

Three people have refuted this.

But, okay. He said he didn’t want to go into Iraq (lie). He said between 3 – 5 million votes lost him the popular vote (unproven). He said the Pew reports showed voter fraud (lie). He bragged about setting records for Time magazine covers (lie). He accused other presidents of not calling families of fallen troops (lie). He said the U.S. is the highest taxed nation in the world (lie). He said that only reporters care about his tax returns (lie). The list is quite long.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 25, 2017 @ 11:10 pm - October 25, 2017

9. @ #7, Runninrn: I had the exact same question. I would like some specific examples of President Trump’s lies, so that I may research them and be more informed. The current MSM debacle with the widow doesn’t count, as the event stunk of leftist meddling from the beginning. It was just a little too convenient to me that a politician who is very Anti-Trump just happens to be there when Trump is supposed to call. Even if Trump did lie in that situation, the fact that she felt she needed to be in attendance right when he called, even if she had befriended the widow seems awfully convenient. So, please, do not cite that situation as evidence. However, give us other examples for research purposes and to be informed.

Comment by TAD — October 25, 2017 @ 11:18 pm - October 25, 2017

10. #8: some of those things you cited have been debunked, CCP. In addition, I wonder, shouldn’t some of his staff be informing him when he has incorrect facts? Isn’t that for what they are being paid? At this point, I would say that there are some people who would say that if Trump simply said, “Good morning,” someone would accuse him of lying and being offensive, simply because they hate him.

Comment by TAD — October 25, 2017 @ 11:23 pm - October 25, 2017

11. Hi TAD,

Please fee free to point out which ones aren’t lies.

And which ones are lies.

Are you up for the challenge?

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 25, 2017 @ 11:36 pm - October 25, 2017

12. Hi TAD,

The current MSM debacle with the widow doesn’t count

Trump said that he mentioned the soldier’s name. The widow said he couldn’t remember it. One person is lying. One person is not. Are you saying the widow is lying?

Even if Trump did lie in that situation

Oh, I see. You’re saying Trump may have lied, but, if he did lie, it doesn’t matter. Am I following you correctly?

even if she had befriended the widow seems awfully convenient

Wilson has been friends of the family for over a decade.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 25, 2017 @ 11:46 pm - October 25, 2017

13. You mention that Wilson has been friends with the family for a long period of time. I believe she also sponsored one of them for something or other.

Is it -possible- that there is some cold blooded political posturing going on? Or that in her anger at TRump, Widow Johnson misheard him, misinterpreted his tone and the content of his call?

I know my attitude towards someone can greatly flavor the tone and content of anything they tell me…even relatively innocuous things.

Will you grant the possibility that Trump was genuine in his effort, if lacking in delivery?

Comment by aerinyes — October 26, 2017 @ 12:57 am - October 26, 2017

14. CCP, those examples cited by you should be defended by you, not me, since you gave them. Tell me where they are proved to be complete lies and I will gladly look at the sources of information to determine veracity. And in your replies about the current MSM situation, you imply consistently that the widow could not possibly be lying because she is a widow…a widow has never lied before? Additionally, your argument regarding the length of time the congresswoman and widow doesn’t help your argument, as the longer they knew each other makes it MORE likely that the congresswoman had some additional influence to help the widow misread or mistake the intent behind the phone call. You act as if the disdain this congresswoman has for DJT could not have possibly had any effect upon her widow friend to cause her view to be skewed in a certain direction…grief is not necessarily a rational state of mind, understandably.

Comment by TAD — October 26, 2017 @ 1:18 am - October 26, 2017

15. An enemy always takes in a traitor, feeds them and provides them comfort. Until they’re milked for all they’re worth then the treacherous are cast aside. An age-old story. These two in the past couple of days aren’t the only traitors in the GOP.

We’re going to have to give a lot of slack to the dupes on the Left because they’re definitely going to need it in the coming weeks. All their little Fabrications are tumbling down. That includes CCP who I have noticed using Fabrications to point fingers at our president. While the Hollywood sex moguls have been displayed for everyone to see.

Let’s be generous, if possible, and Savor these moments.

Comment by Hanover — October 26, 2017 @ 1:24 am - October 26, 2017

16. Hi Ae,

Thanks for your comments. I already had this discussion.

But, yes, there are unanswered questions. Was it political posturing? Was it an emotional outburst due to a matter that was deeply personal to her? Was it an amalgam of the two? I think that you can at least agree that Wilson is a human being who was mourning the loss of a loved one and was in a very emotionally raw state.

What is clear: 1) She was undisputedly close to the family and cared about them deeply, 2) She was offended by Trump’s words (regardless of his intent), and 3) She spoke out.

Did the liberal media run with it? Of course they did. Does that make her reaction “wrong”? No, it does not. She’s in mourning. As human beings, we “accept” certain behaviours from those in grief within limits. She didn’t brandish a knife and go on air saying she was going to kill the motherf*cker. She went public with how offended she was by the conversation. Whatever Trump’s intent was, it came across to her (and those in the car) a certain way.

Of course I will. I wouldn’t wish what he tried to do on anyone. However, I can also theorise that there are those who can handle these types of situations much better, and possess empathy and communication skills which he doesn’t. Does that make him a horrible person. No.

However, as I have already stated, at least partially, Wilson acted in a highly reactive manner during an emotionally charged period. Whether part of it was political or not, she’s a human being. And as humans do, we act in certain ways in particular circumstances which are completely understandable.

Also, according to three eye witnesses, they have gone on record that he lied.

But, again, I went over all this in the link I provided. And, if you’ll forgive, I’ve grown tired of repeating myself. Feel free to check out my comments at the link I provided if you want to continue the discussion there. Thank you.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 26, 2017 @ 1:28 am - October 26, 2017

17. those examples cited by you should be defended by you

Hi TAD,

Okay, sure, let’s start with one and go from there.

Trump said this: “I always used to say, keep the oil. I wasn’t a fan of Iraq. I didn’t want to go into Iraq.”

Okay, cool. He said he didn’t want to go into Iraq.

But, back in 2002, he said going into Iraq is probably a good idea.

So, that’s a lie.

Now, what’s your move? You’re going to qualify how that isn’t a lie?

Well, then, that’s a problem. Because then we each have our own definition of what a lie is.

Perhaps we should start off by you defining what a lie is. Or, else how can we have a productive conversation?

As far as your suggestions about Wilson, you are making some pretty awful assumptions. Basically, you’re suggesting she would trade in her long-time friends for political gain. *Most* people aren’t like this. So, it’s a pretty large (and cynical) leap of faith. Perhaps you have some anecdotal evidence about her to suggest that she’s this kind of person? If you do, please share.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 26, 2017 @ 1:43 am - October 26, 2017

18. Hi Hanover,

Can you please share what these [f]abrications are?

As TAD has suggested, since you have accused me of using fabrications, it’s up to you to actually prove that I have. Do I have that right? Or does the burden of proof only rely on me whenever a claim is made? Am I just supposed to accept you saying I use fabrications as fact? And, then it’s up to me to prove that I don’t use fabrications? (even though you never actually proved that I do)

What I’ve noticed on GP is that several people make multiple claims about me and what I believe, yet they seldom back them up. Further, they’re enabled by the GP community that doesn’t take them to task.

Has anyone else ever noticed this? It actually happens quite often. One might even say it’s hypocritical. But, hey, perhaps we have opposing views on what the definition of “hypocritical” is. Bizarre.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 26, 2017 @ 1:50 am - October 26, 2017

19. CCP, well no. I don’t cooperate with liberals and socialists and whoever. I make my statements after observing Behavior. If you must know there was a statement that I did notice from your good self where the amount of allegations (sexual assault related) debunked or not against Trump seem to prove something to you. Which is ridiculous, especially now as the Russian BS is starting to backfire 100%. I will say that just because I don’t specifically back up something that I have made in a statement doesn’t mean that my statement is invalid. I just don’t cooperate with liberals. Thank you. But you will remember that I have been more than generous with you in the past and not take my valid observations of you and my statements pointing them out, too personally.

Comment by Hanover — October 26, 2017 @ 4:36 am - October 26, 2017

20. But – CCP – I don’t purposely dissect your comments. You’re not my plaything, dear. You’re not leathery enough. Your statement just zinged out at me for some reason as I was scanning away. I assure you that the statement was typically you, a never Trumper type thing. Totally in character. It’s just that we all know Trump really has been too boring to be the object of such conspiracies and sexual antics. Assigning High drama to president Trump just is not going to work. I suggest that liberals try to preserve what they have left.

Check the news, it doesn’t look good for the Democrats. It doesn’t look good for Hillary.

Comment by Hanover — October 26, 2017 @ 4:53 am - October 26, 2017

21. Hi Hanover,

Thanks for the responses! But, I’m afraid you’ve made an assertion that you have refused to back up with evidence:

So, um, yeah. What you’re saying is that YOU can make fabrications and I must accept them as fact.

You’re not leathery enough.

But, I can be into leather.

😉

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 26, 2017 @ 5:12 am - October 26, 2017

22. I will state that the widow and her friends lied. Their TDS and grief combined with the tribalism that the Democratic Party encourages, caused those lies.

Comment by Juan — October 26, 2017 @ 8:26 am - October 26, 2017

23. aerinyes (#13). I think you have the angle: the widow and her friendly politician were looking for offense where none was intended. Trump often lacks social graces (also known as being a boor), but in this case his intentions were clearly to try to be kind. Who makes a condolence call to insult the family?

Juan (#22). Nicely phrased.

Comment by TheQuietMan — October 26, 2017 @ 8:53 am - October 26, 2017

24. Better put some ice on that, al-Cray-da (as your mentor and masturbatory fantasy, Bill Clinton, said after pulling a Harvey Weinstein on numerous female victims).

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — October 26, 2017 @ 10:47 am - October 26, 2017

25. “As I already shared in the previous thread, Trump is the one with the power and the responsibility to act presidential and be the bigger person. That’s part of his job. You may disagree with that and don’t hold presidents to such a standard when it comes to public decorum.”

Nope, sorry.

We will accept this as an answer if you unequivocally state that Wilson is a moral and social inferior and cannot be expected to act like a civilized human being.

Your appeals to our superiority only work if you admit you are inferior. Simply state that Wilson is an inferior and subhuman whose mental and emotional processes make her incapable of functioning as one should expect from a civilized human being. We should pity her and treat her like an animal or a child instead of as an adult capable of managing and controlling her emotions and thought processes.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — October 26, 2017 @ 7:30 pm - October 26, 2017