When Is it OK to Sexually Abuse Women?

Posted by V the K at 3:01 pm - October 28, 2017.
Filed under: Democrats & Double Standards

Answer: When you are a leftist icon or a powerful Democrat politician*.

Michael Kelly’s classic 1990 GQ profile, “Ted Kennedy on the Rocks,” recounts a sozzled and priapic 57-year-old man hitting on 16-year-old congressional pages, gulping down seemingly all the alcohol along the Eastern seaboard, and sexually assaulting a waitress at a DC restaurant with fellow solon Chris Dodd (Now the Chairman of the Motion Picture Association of America – VTK). A former staffer told Kelly that one of his erstwhile colleagues on the Senator’s staff acted as “a pimp…whose real position was to procure women for Kennedy,” not unlike the role that Italian fixer Fabrizio Lombardo played for Harvey Weinstein. Kennedy, Kelly concluded, had been raised “to take what he wants, to treat women as score-markers in the game of sport-fucking.” But thanks to the diligence and professionalism of his staff, Kennedy became a hero to liberals, referred to ubiquitously as “the lion of the Senate.”

Bill Clinton’s relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky should never have been grounds for impeachment. Still, it was nonetheless the epitome of the inappropriate workplace sexual relationship that feminists typically decry. Indeed, the power dynamic between these two consenting adults may have been the most disparate in modern American history, what with the most powerful man in the world deploying his clout – and then, when scandal erupted, that of his entire political operation – against a hapless intern. Like every single one of Bill Clinton’s many female accusers, Lewinsky was viciously attacked by liberals and ostensible feminists. “Drag a hundred dollars through a trailer park and there’s no telling what you’ll find,” Clinton adviser James Carville infamously said of Paula Jones. Yet for many purported feminists, Clinton’s atrocious behavior toward individual women was irrelevant. “I would be happy to give him a blowjob just to thank him for keeping abortion legal,” Time’s then-White House correspondent Nina Burleigh declared, offering precisely the sort of (gendered) indulgence that liberal cads like Clinton, Kennedy and Weinstein hope to gain in exchange for promoting left-wing causes. “I think American women should be lining up with their Presidential kneepads on to show their gratitude for keeping the theocracy off our backs.”

Read the rest of it.

* For whom it is also OK to take money from foreign Governments in exchange for political favors.

1. Liberal Dictionary:

Unrepentant rapist: feminist
    Ultrasounds: apparently a religious thing
    Facts: probably a facist construct

Comment by Karen — October 28, 2017 @ 3:58 pm - October 28, 2017

2. Liberals look to one issue above all – abortion. Support this and nearly all other faults can be forgiven.

Comment by eeyore — October 28, 2017 @ 5:10 pm - October 28, 2017

3. I loved Michael Kelly. He was a genuine wordsmith, and this column demonstrates that. It was so sad when he died so precipitously in Iraq leaving behind a wife and a couple of young kids. He truly captures what epic douchebags Kennedy and Dodd were and how vile they were towards women. Course, Lion of the Senate and all because being a Democrat means never having to say you’re sorry, no matter what malfeasance you have committed.

Comment by runningrn — October 28, 2017 @ 5:55 pm - October 28, 2017

4. The left means to win by *any means necessary*.

Mark Steyn on the Lion of the Senate:

An insult to felines everywhere.

Comment by KCRob — October 28, 2017 @ 6:02 pm - October 28, 2017

5. Progressives Cas and CCP use this formula to justify Progressives raping women:

Harassment = Sexual Assault = Rape.

O’Reily committed harassment. Weinstein and dozens of Progressives committed rape.

O’Reily = Weinstein. Those who equate harassment with rape are morally bankrupt.

Cas makes the claim Conservatives are as bad as Progressives in this type of behavior. Obviously, Cas is deluded. Cas thinks a recording of someone taking about “grabbing a pvssy” is exactly the same as someone locking a women in a hotel room and penetrating her against her will. Then Cas wonders why it isn’t treated with respect.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 28, 2017 @ 6:07 pm - October 28, 2017

6. Clinton wasn’t impeached because of his relationship with Monica. He was impeached because he lied to the grand jury.

Comment by Khiri — October 28, 2017 @ 6:12 pm - October 28, 2017

7. Hi V the K,

We live in a different world now than the 1990s and especially the Ted Kennedy scandal. In the age of the internet and social media, things would have played out much differently. Or, would you like to make an argument as to why they wouldn’t?

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 28, 2017 @ 8:26 pm - October 28, 2017

8. Perhaps one should ask Senator Bob Packwood if things were different before the internet.

Comment by V the K — October 28, 2017 @ 8:30 pm - October 28, 2017

9. Ted Kennedy = Progressive Pig
    John Kennedy = Democrat Pig

All schools bearing the Kennedy name should be renamed.
    All streets bearing the Kennedy name should be renamed.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 28, 2017 @ 9:19 pm - October 28, 2017

10. Bill Clinton’s relationship with White House intern Monica Lewinsky should never have been grounds for impeachment.
    Copied to quote it but late to the game and Khiri beat me to it.
    Clinton was not Impeached because of the relationship, but because he lied, under oath, about the relationship. And for any leftoid who will defend it by saying Impeachment failed, so he was innocent, the Bar took his law license away for lying under oath. There were not enough Dems there to block a rightful decision.

Comment by JPKalishek — October 28, 2017 @ 10:15 pm - October 28, 2017

11. Hi V the K,

Funny. I was a student in Oregon at the time. It made such a stink, that he even got re-elected.

But, you can’t blame the journalists for not being ethical:

Packwood’s political career began to unravel in November 1992, when a Washington Post story detailed claims of sexual abuse and assault from ten women, chiefly former staffers and lobbyists.
    Publication of the story was delayed until after the 1992 election, as Packwood had denied the allegations and the Post had not gathered enough of the story at the time. Packwood defeated Democrat Les AuCoin 52.1% to 46.5%. Eventually 19 women would come forward.

Now, please tell me, how is this analogous to Ted Kennedy? And did Clinton have a diary detailing his abuse towards women?

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 29, 2017 @ 3:23 am - October 29, 2017

12. If you think that the liberal ideology that you subscribe to, that is the ideology of insisting that no one can do better than anyone else, is rational or moral then you are without rational morality.

Cas & CCP are fraudulent just like the rest of the left and they’re all a bunch of pigs. Complicit.

Comment by Hanover — October 29, 2017 @ 4:17 am - October 29, 2017

13. Hi Hanover,

Please point to where I actually excuse the negligence and/or abusive behaviours of T. Kennedy and B. Clinton. That’s rhetorical really, though. Because I haven’t. I actually condemn them. And it’s a bit absurd that I should have to keep repeating myself. But, even if I did, you wouldn’t actually believe it anyway, it seems.

I stand by my remarks. If a scandal that was exactly like Kennedy’s or Clinton’s happened today, in 2017, it would play out much differently.

The only thing fraudulent here are the fabrications you and others make up because it suits you. And, you’re free to tell me I’m a “pig” to my face, sport.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 29, 2017 @ 4:25 am - October 29, 2017

14. And here’s the part of the Bob Packwood story New Cas leaves out. In 1995, Packwood resigned after a relentless media onslaught and abandonment by his GOP colleagues. Meanwhile, Ted Kennedy literally remained in the US Senate until his dying days. Bill Clinton finished out his two terms and went on to become a revered figure in Democrat politics. His enabler-wife became a senator, was the Democrat nominee for president in 2016 and still has a large and loyal following among feminists and celebrities.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Comment by V the K — October 29, 2017 @ 9:02 am - October 29, 2017

15. I find people in the political arena are very understanding and forgiving,” former Oregon Senator Bob Packwood told me recently. We were talking about his life these days, his comfortable recovery from the tawdry headlines of 20 years ago that forced him from his job in Congress. Given the successful lobbying career that the former Republican lawmaker continues to enjoy at 81, there’s substantial evidence to support his contention about Washington being a land of redemption—even absolution.

There was, after all, a lot to be forgiven when Packwood left the Senate. His drawn-out downfall came after the emergence of a good many stories of sexual harassment directed at staffers and lobbyists. One woman who worked in his office said Packwood suddenly kissed her on the neck. Soon after, he followed her into a room, stood on her feet, pulled her ponytail and tried to yank down her girdle. The woman escaped but he threatened her, saying, “If not today, some other day.” She resigned.

Comment by rusty — October 29, 2017 @ 9:39 am - October 29, 2017

16. False Equivalents. Where would trolls be without them.

Comment by V the K — October 29, 2017 @ 9:47 am - October 29, 2017

17. Why are there some who think pointing out the bad behavior of someone else somehow excuses the original bad behavior.

Comment by Juan — October 29, 2017 @ 10:38 am - October 29, 2017

18. the double standard exists in the media. the democrat party-media complex represents the greatest threat to the freedom of the American people in the history of this country.

Comment by salg — October 29, 2017 @ 10:45 am - October 29, 2017

19. I saw “Hi Hanover” from Fraud CCP. When I say that I completely ignore someone, I mean it. I did not read further. It’s opinion or what it has to say, makes no difference to me.

I was trying to be fair two days ago on Twitter when it turned out Weinstein decided to say that he did not sleep with one of the accusers, who happens to be black, I I was trying to convey that the pig has preferences on who it sleeps with and it started a mini Firestorm with someone calling me a “rape apologist”. Seems as if the presumption that someone can dictate who we sleep outweighs the piggishness of someone who blackmails prostituted celebs. Because I didn’t follow the immediate dictum of the thread I was apologizing for rape and there should be no racial quantifier in my decision to have sex.

I don’t look under people’s beds or in their medicine cabinets. Sorry to be fragmented at this time, just trying to keep things going in my own little way.

Comment by Hanover — October 29, 2017 @ 12:48 pm - October 29, 2017

20. @CCP – the problem I have is the relativism of the left. Re-litigating Bill Clinton’s tawdry past is boring but I seem to remember that the left’s answers (which changed over time as facts became known) were that the rest of us are uptight wife-beating prudes with homosexual tendencies – blah blah blah. We were also told of enlightened European leaders that thought the US was a joke because they all had mistresses (François Mitterrand, for example).

So forgive me when I get all confused when Trump is raked over the coals for locker room talk while, say, Roman Polanski is forgiven for child rape (actual rape as in forcible penetration) because, in the words of noted rightwing kook Whoopi Goldberg, it wasn’t rape-rape).

I suppose it’s admirable that the left can switch positions and “principles” so rapidly.

I can remember when Tipper Gore was called a lot of nasty names and was the subject of rape fantasies (along with her daughters) when she offered her opinion on the “music” of the day yet, now, the left gets its panties in a bunch over the color of cartoon kernels of corn on a cereal box, the triggering effect of a plaque memorializing George Washington, and the horror of a Somali woman speaking on life as a women under Islam.

I can’t keep up.

Comment by KCRob — October 29, 2017 @ 1:42 pm - October 29, 2017

21. KCRob, we shouldn’t forget all the vile and violent talk (which Case and CCP are the same as actions) Progressive leaders directed at Mrs. Palin and her underaged daughters. So would Cas and CCP label David Letterman as rapist? How about certain female comedians? Or members of SNL? The Moral Voice of the Progressive Movement is amoral.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 29, 2017 @ 3:03 pm - October 29, 2017

22. Hi V the K,

False Equivalents.

Actually, you brought up the false equivalents, when you introduced a scandal from the 1960s (early 1970s?), and then compared a man who DOCUMENTED his sexual assaults to one who didn’t. So, I believe you’re mistaken. Again, I don’t distinguish between the crimes. But, there are reasonably explanations as to how certain scandals have played out. Definitely, the liberal media played a role. But, it’s a bit overblown having it portrayed as the only reason.

Hi Hanover,

When I say that I completely ignore someone

Sorry have a nice life bye bye.

You gave me the send-off a few days back. Then, you called me a “pig” (haven’t taken me up on the offer to say it to my face, though). And you’re still interacting with me. I’m not leathery enough for you. Move on, sweetie!

Hi KCRob,

Don’t think the inconsistencies don’t bother me as well. I can’t keep up. But, then, I don’t see The Left as a monolith either. I know plenty of leftists who are bothered by B. Cilnton’s past. But, it seems the far past gets dredged up quite a bit. The fact that Harvey Weinstein has now gotten blackballed from Hollywood for a scandal that became extremely fresh says a lot I believe. And I look forward to more heads rolling. In the past year alone, we have seen an assortment of men going up on the chopping block for variations on this kind of behaviour (harassment, assault, etc). In the age of the social media and a more diverse palette of voices gaining power and notice, I don’t believe any of these men will be able to hide anymore, at least, for more recent infractions.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — October 29, 2017 @ 3:35 pm - October 29, 2017

23. Hi Hannover,
    I am sorry about your Twitter-storm experience when people jump down your throat because they misunderstand your intent. I can only imagine that the experience was pretty disconcerting and it is unfortunate when it does. You sound like you are a bit under pressure.

I must admit to not following this:
    “Cas & CCP are fraudulent just like the rest of the left and they’re all a bunch of pigs”

OK. I am game. Why do you think that about me in particular?

And TnnsNe1,
    “we shouldn’t forget all the vile and violent talk (which Case and CCP are the same as actions) Progressive leaders directed at Mrs. Palin and her underaged daughters. So would Cas and CCP label David Letterman as rapist?”

Could you please unpack this a bit? You’re thinking is running a bit faster than your typing, so I am at a loss as to what to make of this. I’ll wait for you, so take your time.

Comment by Cas — October 29, 2017 @ 4:54 pm - October 29, 2017

24. And V the K,

Q: When Is it OK to Sexually Abuse Women?

A: Never

Comment by Cas — October 29, 2017 @ 5:06 pm - October 29, 2017

25. The automatic presumption nowadays that any of these women who are claiming assault by some of these liberals or anyone, O’Reilly, whoever. The assumption that they’re honest is ridiculous. Have we all forgotten what a gold digger is.

Comment by Hanover — October 29, 2017 @ 5:24 pm - October 29, 2017

26. The assumption that they’re honest is ridiculous. Have we all forgotten what a gold digger is.

The current progressive Dogma is that women are blameless, holy creatures who would never, ever lie to promote their self-interest; except for conservative women who are all ignorant trailer trash.

Comment by V the K — October 29, 2017 @ 5:38 pm - October 29, 2017

27. Hanover, I would not say they are all liars and gold diggers, but I do find it interesting when women can tell a story one way for many years and then suddenly change that story to be sinister and disgusting when another woman tells her story. Honestly, many people have very different ideas or even believe in a fluidity of ideas when it comes to what could be considered harassment, assault, or rape. For some women, a man even glancing in her direction consider themselves to have been assaulted…and before anyone tries to argue that, I have known such women. Yes, it is easier for it all to come out and be known on social media, but just because it is so doesn’t make someone guilty, doesn’t make an accuser right or wrong…it just makes for another he said/she said situation.

Comment by TAD — October 29, 2017 @ 5:52 pm - October 29, 2017

28. (which Cas and CCP *say* are the same as actions)

Oh look Cas is trying to be cute and funny. Css comes off as stupid and shallow.

Letterman is s rapist.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 29, 2017 @ 7:18 pm - October 29, 2017

29. Swarming is a common occurrence in the United States especially swarming people that have huge amounts of money. If you can’t back up your allegation then you’re a liar. If you don’t have proof, then you’re a liar. If you’ve received monetary or other renumeration for your prostituting your own body, then you’re a liar.

Bill O’Reilly was taken down by an orchestrated swarm of allegations. In this country don’t ever mistake consensus or a substantial amount of allegations as proof of anything in particular. Unless it is backed up by something else. Something else that is substantial.

I don’t wield two-edged swords.

Comment by Hanover — October 29, 2017 @ 8:26 pm - October 29, 2017

30. The Progressives are really, really pissed that Conservatives are holding Progressives to the same standard Progressives hold Conservatives to.

The Kennedys were pigs and evil. Like slave owners, their names should be removed from all public spaces. L. Johnson was a racist. Same thing applies. By today’s Progressive standards what Clinton did in the Oval office was rape. Any Progressive organization that is associated with him condones rape.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 29, 2017 @ 8:35 pm - October 29, 2017

31. Hi TnnsNe1,
    “(which Cas and CCP *say* are the same as actions) … Your lack of a real response to the vile and violent rape speech of the Progressives speaks volumes. Letterman is s rapist.”

OK, re Letterman–What is the story as you understand it? What evidence is there? I have no idea. You apparently do, so please take the lead. As for “say are the same as actions” can you give me an hint of where you see me doing this? In this context? Or another? Are we talking about someone who confesses to an action(s) they have undertaken (speech about action) that are clearly criminal? What are you speaking to exactly? And do you need me to state categorically that sexual assault is a bad thing and is never excusable? Check out #24 above. You appear to have missed my statement.

Comment by Cas — October 30, 2017 @ 12:08 am - October 30, 2017

32. If you haven’t read the article the link goes to, it’s worth a read. The left’s celebration of men who abuse women goes well beyond Clinton, Dodd, and Kennedy.

Comment by V the K — October 30, 2017 @ 9:21 am - October 30, 2017

33. Thanks V the K,
    Yep, revolutionaries have a tendency to at times reproduce the oppression that they state that they hate. No doubt about it. I can get behind that point. I think that is often the case with people who wield power. So, no argument there. But the key word there is “power.” And “power” is something that goes further than political ideology and world-view. You can castigate the left for their sins–fair enough, and not at least acknowledge that many of these things go on, on the right? That is the bit that I don’t get. Weinstein and others get their come-uppance, but DT, a self-confessed sexual assaulter (with plenty of hostile eye-witnesses) is our President. This is not a “left” or a “right” wing problem. It is an human problem.

Comment by Cas — October 30, 2017 @ 4:40 pm - October 30, 2017

34. Yes, it is a Progressive problem. Overwhelmingly. The fact Progressives can’t face just how damaged the Voices of the Progressive Movement are, is a major part of the problem.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 31, 2017 @ 7:21 am - October 31, 2017

35. Yes TnnsNe1,
    It is a Progressive problem. It is also a Conservative problem. Or do you think humans in general are above such activities?

Comment by Cas — October 31, 2017 @ 12:10 pm - October 31, 2017

36. This is only the top of the Progressive Pig Iceberg.

Only an idiot wouldn’t see this as a symptom of an ideology gone bad. These are the very people who called Conservatives deplorable human beings. The vast number of people who for decades simply turned a blind eye to this behavior would give any sane person pause to think if they want to be associated with these Pigs.

Have you seen the entire list of the accused Progressive Pigs?

Comment by TnnsNe1 — October 31, 2017 @ 8:46 pm - October 31, 2017

37. TnnsNe1,

Only an idiot wouldn’t see this as a symptom of an ideology gone bad.

You need to stop being so hard on yourself, TnnsNe1. It is not a good move to call yourself such names. You are a better person than you think yourself to be. Hang in there.

Comment by Cas — November 1, 2017 @ 12:10 am - November 1, 2017

38. Hey Cas honey.. it is your ideology that supports raping women and men, raping minors, wants triads, and wants to engage in incest. Also, your ideology supports the destruction of the COTUS and is violent beyond anything the US has seen in decades.

Keep making jokes about the Progressive Pigs and then wonder why Trump is sitting in the WH instead of your Queen Pervert Magnet.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — November 1, 2017 @ 11:37 pm - November 1, 2017