Et tu, Sulu?

Posted by V the K at 7:49 am - November 11, 2017.
Filed under: Democrats & Double Standards

Under the auspices of the United Federation of Planets, we not only have universal health care, we have free, universal education, housing, and food, as well as strict control of dangerous phasers. Political parties voluntarily disbanded long ago after all humans became educated. – George Takei, apparently believing Star Trek is real

And what else does the utopian socialist world of the Federation offer? Apparently, date rape.

“The next thing I remember I was coming to and [George Takei] had my pants down around my ankles and he was groping my crotch and trying to get my underwear off and feeling me up at the same time, trying to get his hands down my underwear,” Brunton says. “I came to and said, ‘What are you doing?!’ I said, ‘I don’t want to do this.’ He goes, ‘You need to relax. I am just trying to make you comfortable. Get comfortable.’ And I said, ‘No. I don’t want to do this.’ And I pushed him off and he said, ‘OK, fine.’ And I said I am going to go and he said, ‘If you feel you must. You’re in no condition to drive.’ I said, ‘I don’t care I want to go.’ So I managed to get my pants up and compose myself and I was just shocked. I walked out and went to my car until I felt well enough to drive home, and that was that.”

I don’t know if the allegation is true, and neither do you. But if your default standard is to automatically believe the accuser, then I guess you have to condemn George Takei. That is, by the way, Mr. Takei’s own standard when it comes to women who accuse others of misconduct.

Update: I know it’s a tired cliché but, this tweet hasn’t aged well.

24 Comments »

1. Hi V the K,

Just read the article. I believe Scott Brunton. Doesn’t seem like he has much to gain from this, and the details are pretty specific, and grounded in a believable context (the breakup with the boyfriend, etc). You adamantly, like myself, believed the Weinstein and Spacey stories. I don’t seem to recall you saying “I don’t know the truth of the allegations,” though. I don’t either, but I feel pretty confident that they happened, based on the integrity of the reports, so there is no point in putting it out there that I don’t know the truth. I know about your inconsistencies, though.

Sad.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 8:03 am - November 11, 2017

2. @ V the K: Again, agreeing with CCP here, V. I don’t remember you putting a “if true” qualifier in the stuff about Spacey and Weinstein when they first came out. But now after a Republican gets accused, you’re reminding us “innocent until proven guilty.”

Were you really so blinded by the prospect of watching Hollywood implode that you didn’t stop to think that Republicans could get caught up in this rash of accusations? And when they were, now you remember that we presume innocence until proven guilty.

This is shameful, V. Unlike you, I haven’t forgotten that things like this cut both ways, and that all men accused of sexual assault deserve the benefit of the doubt until proof of innocence. Something many Republicans seem to have forgotten recently until things got inconvenient for them.

Comment by Sean L — November 11, 2017 @ 9:07 am - November 11, 2017

3. Thank you George Takei for proving that successful socialism is pure science fiction!!

Comment by dachs_dude — November 11, 2017 @ 10:04 am - November 11, 2017

4. Sean L if you think there is anything at all to the accusation against Moore read the account of the 17yo he dated when he was 30 to see they went out for 3 months and only kissed while the leftist ho account reads like the Rolling Stone hoax.

But there is no upside to claiming to be raped by an 80yo man

Guys remember this comic of Sulu at the tony’s

Adopted son kills gay adopter to be with real prison daddy.

Comment by Steve — November 11, 2017 @ 12:25 pm - November 11, 2017

5. Sean, I try to be skeptical about most things. If you recall, when the Weinstein story broke, I was skeptical about why his accusers had waited until sexual harassment allegations became trendy before speaking out against him; and how Hollywood had for years known about and tolerated his behavior.

As for Kevin Spacey, the fact of the matter is that I wasn’t skeptical because Kevin Spacey hit on one of my son’s high school friends while filming ‘House of Cards’ in DC, so we had already known about him for years. Plus which, he admitted to it and tried to use the “living my life as a gay man” defense. So, yeah, the circumstances were different.

FWIW, George Takei denies the date rape occurred. Has George Takei been willing to accept the denials of other men about other accusations? No, he has not.

As to why I do not automatically believe every tale of rape and sexual harassment that comes along? Crystal Mangum. Sabrina Erdely. Emma Sulkowicz. Jemma Beale. Joanie Faircloth. Lena Dunham. Biurny Peguero. Just for starters.

Comment by V the K — November 11, 2017 @ 12:41 pm - November 11, 2017

6. The opportunism of a good accusation should never be passed up. As to any opinion on the right about the left’s Meltdown with the Hollywood Elite. People get what they deserve. As far as politics are concerned All is fair. But a person’s character also is a factor. Weinstein is a pig Moore is not and Takei is a well-known dim bulb political hack.

Comment by Hanover — November 11, 2017 @ 12:48 pm - November 11, 2017

7. Hi Sean L,

Thank you for your comments. I should have added that I listened to the Sean Hannity interview with Moore on Fox. It further confirmed to me that Moore did it. His answers were pretty damning, even though Hannity was one foot in front of home plate giving Moore several warnings that the slow lobs were coming.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 2:51 pm - November 11, 2017

8. Hi V the K,

Sean L said it best:

Neither was what Anthony Rapp has accused Kevin Spacey of doing, but I don’t recall you saying “Well hey, that wasn’t really sex.”

I also don’t recall you expressing doubt multiple times towards the victim. You’re inconsistent. Just own it. When it’s Hollywood and/or a Democrat, you’ll more openly embrace the truth than when it’s a Republican. You can p!ss on our leg and tell us that it’s raining, but we’re not stupid.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 3:18 pm - November 11, 2017

9. Hi V the K,

I’m sorry that your son had to go through that, which is awful, and if it had been my child, it would have made my blood boil. However, if you revisit your comments about Harvey Weinstein, you don’t actually express doubt towards the female victims like you did towards Moore’s.

Just own your crazy tribalist tendencies.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 3:22 pm - November 11, 2017

10. The notion that one has to either believe all accusers or refuse to believe all accusers regardless of context or circumstances for the sake of being “consistent” seems like an absolutely stupid standard. I’ll continue to use my cognitive and analytical skills to judge each event on its merits.

Comment by V the K — November 11, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - November 11, 2017

11. Ref: George Takei.

“Hahhahhahhahhahhahhahhahahhhahhahh! ” …The Screw Turns.
    Sorry, inappropriate? “Bwa-hahhahh-hahhah-hah!
    [**wipes away tears**]
    Bwa-hahhahh-hahhah-hah!

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 11, 2017 @ 4:38 pm - November 11, 2017

12. Hi V the K,

Then maybe you should read the Washington Post article before you employ your “cognitive and analytical skills.”

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 4:53 pm - November 11, 2017

13. *P.S. And maybe you should listen to the Sean Hannity interview too.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 4:57 pm - November 11, 2017

14. Hi Hanover,

I know that you have ceased ties with responding to me. But, seeing how you replied to me twice after swearing you never would again, I figure I have a free pass or two to write to you. When I saw this:

Weinstein is a pig Moore is not

I just had to highlight it. Thank you for revealing your character here.

Menschen des kind!

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 5:08 pm - November 11, 2017

15. Cray, let VtK go on this. The difference is Weinstein had multiple accusations against him. Sulu has only one. Remember that the Orlando shooter had one person claiming to be his gay lover (which wasn’t credible, given the evidence, but anyway). You don’t want to put all your eggs in one basket. Weinstein had quite a few baskets, as did Cosby.

Comment by Craig Smith — November 11, 2017 @ 7:26 pm - November 11, 2017

16. Hillary and Bill Clinton molested me.

Comment by Lobogris — November 11, 2017 @ 7:54 pm - November 11, 2017

17. Hi Craig,

We’ll have to agree to disagree. This is more about V the K’s take on Moore.

Sincerely,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 11, 2017 @ 9:15 pm - November 11, 2017

18. When is the Left going to cotter to the fact they are so often hoisted by their own petard. Isn’t self-awareness required for sentience?

Comment by Blair Ivey — November 11, 2017 @ 11:39 pm - November 11, 2017

19. George, Live by knee-jerk social media, …Die by knee-jerk social media.

[/sorry; it’s KARMA]

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 12, 2017 @ 3:27 am - November 12, 2017

20. Don’t know for sure if he’s guilty or not, but Takei has always been one of those condescending holier-than-thou types I imagine to be quite vicious under the surface.

Comment by JTT — November 12, 2017 @ 11:22 pm - November 12, 2017

21. Takei has always been one of those condescending holier-than-thou types I imagine to be quite vicious under the surface.

He was a second-stringer on Star Trek who’s spent fifty years nursing a grudge against William Shatner for being more successful and popular. Hilariously, he was trying to claim over the weekend that “Russian bots” were behind his scandal.

Whether the accusation is true or not, Takei has always taken the position that accusers are always to be believed. Hence, it’s perfectly fair that he should be held to his own standard.

Comment by V the K — November 13, 2017 @ 9:53 am - November 13, 2017

22. When replicators and holodecks are invented and become commonplace throughout society, perhaps I’ll look more favorably at this utopia he espouses. Until that day, however, Star Trek just remains interesting sci-FICTION.

Comment by JohnAGJ — November 13, 2017 @ 9:06 pm - November 13, 2017

23. Hey CrayCray – the Washington Post is not a reliable or valid source of evidence.

Comment by Rd — November 14, 2017 @ 10:50 am - November 14, 2017

24. Hi Rd,

I understand. It’s only reliable when it reports on things that support your narrative.

Cheers,