Trump and the Latter Day Sun-Tzu

Posted by V the K at 11:14 am - November 19, 2017.
Filed under: Donald Trump

A lot of people consider Trump’s tweeting to be immature, combative, and unpresidential. You can bet if Kasich or Jeb had been elected (no way either of them would have beaten Hillary, IMHO), they would have done nothing about the Iran Deal, illegal immigration, regulatory reform, or undoing Obama’s Executive Orders, but you can bet their Twitter feeds would be scrupulously polite and deferential to Democrats and the media; IOW “Presidential.”

But this one guy sees more ‘The Art of War’ than the ‘Art of the Deal’ in Trump’s tweets. Take it away, Imperator Rex:

1. A taxonomy of an insanely clever Trump tweet – some observations.

Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!

2. A reminder: Trump is Sun Tzu’s best ever student, in fact a true master of the ancient genius. Here’s one of my threads on the subject from September:

3. The key thing to remember is that every tweet Trump creates is meticulously prepared to achieve strategic objectives, down to the timing of release. In this case, at least TEN objectives. Consider:

4. #1 – it boxes the Democrats in by framing them as Hillary Clinton’s party, something they’re desperately trying to get away from. Trump ensures that each new path they try to take away, leads back to Hillary Clinton.

5. #2 – it forces Hillary to stay in the public eye. Dems are desperately trying to get rid of Hillary, but this will force her to continue, or it will appear she’s conceding to Trump. Her massive ego simply can’t allow her to slip away quietly.

6. #3 – it deepens the split between Democrat supporters who support Clinton & those who want her gone. The Obama, Sanders & Clinton factions are now in open warfare with each other. A divided house cannot stand, especially if it’s broke.

7. #4 – it forces Democratic Party politicians to take a public position on Hillary Clinton. Those who disown her but have supported her in the past will be attacked as hypocrites, while those who remain silent will be judged to still support her, an even worse position.

8. #5 – it reminds undecided voters of the above, creating doubt in their minds about the Democratic Party. They may or may not decide to vote for Trump, but they definitely won’t bother voting for a Democratic Party shitshow.

9. #6 – it subtly messages that the GOPe is dying. Notice how Trump is rebadging the GOP as the ‘Republican Party’, as he continues the process of transforming it into a #MAGA coalition. Clever as hell.
10. #7 – it confuses the Clintons. My opinion : he creates the deception that he’s going to let Clinton go, even encouraging her to continue in her delusion of running in 2020 – when she’s indicted, he can also say he didn’t know it was coming.

11. #8 – it strengthens, entertains & reassures Trump’s base, as well as providing a counterpoint to the Democratic chaos. The tweet is hilarious, Trump appears in full control and relaxed. It’s reassuring in uncertain times.

12. #9 – it deflects away from his ongoing assault on the Turtle Brigade, GOPe & dismantling of their power. This is a BIG deal, but it’s largely happening unnoticed.

13. #10 – it infuriates & distracts the liberal base. Trump now lives in their head 24/7. The reaction in the comments is INSANE. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry – mostly you’ll laugh. Trump is controlling their emotional reactions and decision-making – and they don’t know it.

14. If you can, read my earlier tweet about Sun Tzu. Trump is creating momentum with different attack lines. Tzu describes it as creating a torrent of water that becomes too strong for opposing forces. Once the resistance of enemies is crushed, you have won without fighting.

15. But in the meantime, learn from the work of a true strategic genius. Ten objectives achieved – simultaneously – in less than 40 hilarious words. Like I’ve been saying, the guy is on another level. His opponents should bend the knee, or expect bitter defeat.

Feel free to argue the point, or just ignore this post because it doesn’t lend itself easily to stock left-wing talking points, and that’s all of some y’all got. But I find it an interesting perspective. I don’t think Trump is a dumb guy, so there has to be a strategy behind the Tweets.

1. Well said, V the K.

Anyone, and I do mean anyone, who doesn’t see the wisdom humor and strategy behind the president’s tweets is being played a fool.

I also see the candid humor of a man from New York City in his tweets and his ability to stay engaged with all those who voted for him.

Comment by Hanover — November 19, 2017 @ 11:58 am - November 19, 2017

2. HMMM…
    I thinking this fake news kerfuffle of the Left over Gen. John Hyten’s comments about “illegal orders” and nukes. The Left is so-fixated on “Yay!, he’ll refuse Trump’s orders…” that they skipped the footnotes.

1. Gen. Hyten didn’t say they’d refuse any orders, just they’d counsel the POTUS on the legal options of using the nukes (or other military options), and the target-loadout packages available within the Laws of War at that moment.

2. It’s therefore implied that they would deploy the nukes if the POTUS issues legal orders to do-so.

3. Gen Hyten said that he’s already had this discussion (several discussions?) with the POTUS over this legal Go-NoGo, thus implying that he and POTUS are in-agreement with this protocol….since he still has his job!

4. Also unsaid is that “…going to jail for obeying illegal orders” also means “…going to jail (or worse) for failing to carry-through legal orders”.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — November 19, 2017 @ 12:12 pm - November 19, 2017

3. Hi V the K,

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 19, 2017 @ 2:42 pm - November 19, 2017

4. To Ted B.’s point (which is a bit OT from V’s post), back in January of this year, literally no more than a day or two after the Inauguration, PDT did an interview with someone from Fox (Hannity or Wallace maybe?) about his first day on the job.

He discussed, somewhat roundabout as no doubt much of the experience is classified, about basically being sat down in a room with some Generals for the New-President-This-Is-How-Nukes-Really-Work speech and you could tell he got it. After seeing that look in his eyes, I trust the man completely.

Here’s hoping he never has to give that (legal) order.

Comment by Sathar — November 19, 2017 @ 4:36 pm - November 19, 2017

5. Hi V the K,

Btw, do any any people of colour read this blog? Please speak up. I’m genuinely curious. I’m assuming it’s a sea of whiteness in GP’s anonymous klatch of readers. It would be nice to know that actually isn’t the case.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 19, 2017 @ 5:04 pm - November 19, 2017

6. *Assumption based on the ethnicity of Bruce (remember him?), Dan Blatt (remember him too?), ILoveCapitalism (remember him?), SonicFrog, V the K, NorthDan30 (blindingly white, especially in his nude pictorial from years back), Rusty, and myself.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 19, 2017 @ 5:07 pm - November 19, 2017

7. Hi V the K and Hanover,

Comment by Cas — November 19, 2017 @ 5:58 pm - November 19, 2017

8. Notice how on Twitter, Trump picks a disproportionate number of rows with black people.

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 19, 2017 @ 5:04 pm – November 19, 2017

Ah yes, “disproportionate”.

So what would “proportionate” be, CCP? Give numbers. Exact numbers, please, at which point you would stop screeching that Trump is a racist because of whom he tweets.

Same for your last question. How many is “too many” white people? What is the magic number of people with black or brown or whatever color skin that would make this a not-racist blog, per your assertion that it is?

You’re allegedly the “party of science”. Tell us what your mathematics are for determining if something is “too white”. Certainly you can provide a precise answer, since you have established that the sole determination of “diversity” is skin color.

Also, as a corollary, is there such a thing as “too black” or “too colored”, or is your mathematical equation for determining whether or not something is racist based solely on white skin? Do you, like your fellow Democrats in California, agree that Asians must be discriminated against as white in favor of “people of color”?

Furthermore, what about other groups? Do Jews count as “white”? If we have Mexicans descended from the “peninsulare” or “criollo” class, or perhaps first- or second-generation Argentines of European background, are they excluded because of their skin color being too white negating their “Hispanic” identity? Would you not also argue that since, over 80% of Puerto Rico identifies as “white” and Florida and Texas have much higher percentages identifying as non-white, that Florida and Texas deserve hurricane relief and Puerto Rico doesn’t?

Also, would you agree that your argument about “diversity” means that skin color determines differences, and that a white person who grew up poor in Appalachia does not qualify as diverse, but a black person who grew up in Beverly Hills does?

Now, CrayCray, come and give us a direct answer. Certainly you can provide some actual statistical evidence and hard numbers. Otherwise, it would be obvious that you’re just pulling “racist” out of your ass and using it to slander others.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 19, 2017 @ 5:59 pm - November 19, 2017

9. CCP,

Why are you asking this question?

What’s the real goal?

Knowing the ethnicity of regular commentators proves exactly what?

Is there some secret thing that’s installed on People of Colors computers that makes it so they can only view some sites? Or do White People have super secret access codes?

I’m assuming now that you’re white, CCP, because apparently you think if you weren’t you couldn’t comment here.

I assume it’s also like the progressive idea that the ‘outdoors’ are somehow representative of white supremacy.

Party of SCIENCE my ass.

Comment by Aerinyes — November 19, 2017 @ 6:25 pm - November 19, 2017

10. Hi Everyone,

And, as far as Trump’s tweets. I imagine if you look at the people he goes after, more than 20% are black. Weird.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 19, 2017 @ 9:14 pm - November 19, 2017

11. It’s good to have an Alpha male in the White House instead of a wimpy beta (Obama, Bush, Kasich), feminazi or a complete f***in loon (Bernie).

Comment by James — November 19, 2017 @ 9:18 pm - November 19, 2017

12. You are getting a lot of defensive replies here, CrayCrayPatriot. It appears that you have hit a nerve …

Comment by Cas — November 19, 2017 @ 9:29 pm - November 19, 2017

13. @ 12 replying back to yourself, Cray?

Comment by Pawfurbehr — November 19, 2017 @ 9:36 pm - November 19, 2017

14. Excellent, CCP.

You have a hypotheses.

Fortunately it’s easy to test.

Go out and go through all of Trump’s tweets and determine the exact percentage of people he goes after, filter for political persuasion, and determine if the general population meets your filtered result.

Have fun.

Comment by Aerinyes — November 19, 2017 @ 11:24 pm - November 19, 2017

15. Hi Cas,

I wonder if we can we gauge this silence as confirmation that GP is “all white/all the time”? I don’t want to jump to any conclusions. But, anecdotally, in the eight (!) years I’ve been reading/posting in this blog (formerly as Cinesnatch, and variations on my first name ‘Vince’), I’m having trouble recalling an instance where someone commented on their non-white ethnicity in the context of posts that would warrant it. I feel like there has to have been a time or two, but memory fails me.

Yet, if it turned out that this was indeed a white person’s domain of the internet, my theory is that it would be welcomed with a huge, “So what?” by its regulars.

It’s pretty sad that self-reflection is so absent so often here. It’s like people are afraid to admit when they’re wrong here. People are fearful of engaging discussions about social biases that favour certain groups in society. I’m not perfect, but I try to engage self-reflection as much as possible. The odd thing is that while I am a centrist leaning left (it sounds like you are as well), we’re seen here by many as extreme leftists. Lately, I’ve resigned myself to labelling all of my political beliefs “leftist” in nature, because I feel I’ve been gaslighted into thinking I am one. The funny thing is that I’ve evolved over the years.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 20, 2017 @ 12:39 am - November 20, 2017

16. Hey, Cray Cray—I’ll play! I come to this blog regularly. And guess what—I am a straight Asian woman, GASP!!! Not sure you count third gen yellow as one of your “people of color”.

Comment by runningrn — November 20, 2017 @ 1:10 am - November 20, 2017

17. Hi CrayCrayPatriot (Vince!) :),

It all makes sense! Cool bananas! Thank you for your helpful blog comment back all those years ago when things got a bit too real here. It really helped me get my balance back and want to re-engage.

Yes–the lack of any self-reflection is a bit full-on here. I remember back in the day, when Obama was President. It was all so easy then for folks here to be outraged watching him blunder about–but now, having to defend the indefensible day in and day out, when their guys are in charge everywhere, is taking a toll on many here. I look at the topics that V the K posts on–mostly powder puffery. I understand why–most topics are radioactive to conservatives at the moment. It has to be tiring defending these news cycles day in and day out, trying to keep a split consciousness, condemning the other side when so much carnage is happening before our eyes.

I think that the issue has been compounded by the trauma that many people here have experienced when engaging left of centre people especially on left wing web-sites. Some commentators there can be pretty nasty I have found, depending on the site. And as some have pointed out to me here, it is not fun to be called deplorable, etc by politicians and then have those views plastered all over the media. So, I sympathize with the “give not an inch to the heathens” approach that you and I see all too often here. I aim for courtesy and civility and recognize that I don’t always succeed. I try.

There are occasional nuggets of shared and mutual communication, recognition, and understanding–especially when people ask each other and answer interesting and thoughtful questions. I keep on the lookout for those opportunities–they happen. Being at this site has changed my views quite a bit; this site has helped me be more open (whilst occasionally getting my butt kicked). And I appreciate the fact that it is here–and that there are some very thoughtful commentators here. 🙂

As for the “whiteness” question? I don’t know… Given some of the unchallenged comments that get made here from time to time particularly concerning “inner city” regions and residents–probably not as many African-American voices as would be good. Hi runningrn! I haven’t seen your posts, but I will look out for them now.

As for extremism, its in the eye of the beholder–and in the heart of the projector. And there is a quite a bit of projection going on at this website.

I enjoy your posts, mate.

Cheers
    Cas

Comment by Cas — November 20, 2017 @ 3:01 am - November 20, 2017

18. Assuming that this websites commentators are overwhelmingly white…whatever that means…

What is the core issue?

Why is this an issue?

Who created the issue?

How do you suggest this issue be resolved?

Cause…all it sounds like to me is someone trying to throw a race card into the discussion. Because because. Hells, you’re the one who brought up the ‘racial issues’ in the first place, just stirring shit with no facts or evidence, just ‘feelings.’

Comment by Aerinyes — November 20, 2017 @ 5:25 am - November 20, 2017

19. Mate? Two Australian link people here? Something is fishy.

Comment by Hanover — November 20, 2017 @ 6:07 am - November 20, 2017

20. If I may venture back on topic…

There’s a lot of truth here:

CCP: It’ll work … until it doesn’t anymore. If the economy doesn’t improve for the average person, his tweeting is no longer going to be viewed as crafty distraction.

Cas: People used to think that Obama was playing 12 dimensional chess before they came to realize that he was a fallible human being who made plenty of mistakes. Might that also be the case here?

Comment by apple betty — November 20, 2017 @ 7:23 am - November 20, 2017

21. Hi Cas,

Always a pleasure. I loved your comments. Paragraphs Three and Four in Comment #17 were especially poignant. And, I’m glad you were able to get something out of a blog post I wrote years ago (and still remember). That’s sweet of you to share.

Hi RunningRN,

Thank you for your candour. I will look out for your posts as well.

Hi AppleBetty,

Thanks, hun. I appreciate you taking the moment to highlight those points.

Cheers Mates,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 20, 2017 @ 8:50 am - November 20, 2017

22. I’d genuinely like to know if anyone of African, Asian, or Indian descent read this blog. GP just feels so ethnically monolithic. It would be nice to know there is some diversity other than the random straight man and a spattering of women.

Cheers,
    CCP

Comment by CrayCrayPatriot — November 19, 2017 @ 9:14 pm – November 19, 2017

“I imagine”?

So you mean you don’t have any actual statistics, you just have “feelings”.

Fine. Defend your “feelings” with some actual facts.

And “African, Asian or Indian” descent. So I was able to easily manipulate you into admitting that you don’t consider other things you leftists deem “races” like “Hispanic”, “Jewish” or the like to be sufficiently “colored”.

Why is that, CrayCray? Why do you and your fellow racist Cas not consider Hispanics to be “people of color”, especially when your Democrat Party screams they’re a race?

And the rest is just hilarious. It’s funny watching mentally- and emotionally-damaged people like CCP/Piss Cas try every one of their abuse tricks and gaslighting in the book to make people feel bad for questioning them and to find some fake reason for others to feel guilty. My particular favorite is that if you respond to accusations against you with a request for evidence that you are “defensive” and thus guilty — which of course would indict Piss Cas/CCP on several counts.

But as in the classic films “Gaslight”, once the ruse is recognized, it becomes much easier to not only resist, but actively mock the people in question. Piss Cas pretends to be “civil”, but flatly states people here are racist because the website supposedly has too many “white people” — without, of course, being able to define how many “too many” is, or what number of what particular “races” would be required to be “diverse”. And then, of course, being humiliated by a request for hard numbers and actual evidence, it starts screaming and smearing spaghetti on itself to divert and dodge the question and claim that everyone else is wrong.

It’s a shame that Piss Cas/CCP aren’t able to respond to the clear requests for evidence and are unwilling to provide facts, instead trying to spam the comments section with desperate diversions and attempts to spin away from their inability to define or put any clarity around how they back up their claims that everyone here other than them is racist. But again, that’s typical of liberals.

Comment by North Dallas Thirty — November 20, 2017 @ 9:53 am - November 20, 2017

23. Cas, (#17) the main thing that being called deplorable or a bitter clinger do to me is make me distrust the name-caller more. Why should I be interested in aligning my views with someone who thinks of me that way? Do I feel insulted? A bit. Does it deeply affect me? No. Do I feel compelled to align myself with other “deplorables”? No.

CCP (#5) I don’t see the relevance of race in these discussions. This is not an echo chamber, and there are different views presented. While the conclusions are similar, they are gotten to from different ways.

To the initial point of the posting, I don’t think that Trump’s tweets are all genius. I like the fact of his commenting and his not taking insults lying down, but he says more than he should, and even given the limitations of the format, not always that well.

Comment by TheQuietMan — November 20, 2017 @ 10:15 am - November 20, 2017

24. Hi TheQuietMan,
    Thank you for your reply. Yes, that makes plenty of sense as well.

Hi apple betty,
    Yes, my thinking as well.
    And yes, I think that is probably the case. It took a while for most liberals to see that Obama was actually mortal and mistake prone–especially in the first term. The tweet is a particularly good format for President Trump. It is so short that it has room for one idea only at a time. He has shown that he tends to the incoherent when he gets more room to express his ideas (as in extemporaneous live interviews).

And North Dallas Thirty,
    You are getting your mojo back and I am glad.
    You are The Man! 🙂

Comment by Cas — November 20, 2017 @ 11:07 am - November 20, 2017

25. CCP @ #10:

Hi Everyone,

Now there is some total leftist mumbo-jumbo shite. “GP just feels so ethnically monolithic.”

CCP has a built in ethnicity “feelings” sense which goes off when it is overloaded on the monolithic side.

How else can you explain fascism and social justice righteousness? You have to be in the extra chromosome feelings pack. Like having a whole fist full of opposable thumbs all of which can become a middle finger in an instant.

All hail CCP and his diversity reich.

If one has black skin, it affects his brain, his comprehension, his world view, don’t you know. If one is slant eyed: ditto. If one is of whatever “Indian descent” means: ditto.

It is time for CCP to jam his pussy hat on his head and go full “nasty white privilege” into the streets and declare that Black Lives Matter and swing his severed Trump head for effect.

What’s it all about? Alfie-mate? Does CCP have racist and ethnic fixations which need to be fed?

I have always wondered how the “diversity” crowd picks and chooses who qualifies for adulation and who must be exterminated. But it really doesn’t matter when you are the Queen of Feelings and your mood swings are the model of consistency.

Comment by Heliotrope — November 20, 2017 @ 4:36 pm - November 20, 2017

26. I wonder what the editorial board at Salon, Vice, Jezebel, Huffpo look like…

Wait, no I don’t. They have pictures up.

Overwhelmingly pasty white.

Comment by aerinyes — November 21, 2017 @ 11:28 pm - November 21, 2017

27. […] Trump and the Latter Day Sun-Tzu  […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines-Posted on November 25, 2017 by lafayetteangel – Br Andrew's Muses — November 25, 2017 @ 7:25 am - November 25, 2017