A lot of people consider Trump’s tweeting to be immature, combative, and unpresidential. You can bet if Kasich or Jeb had been elected (no way either of them would have beaten Hillary, IMHO), they would have done nothing about the Iran Deal, illegal immigration, regulatory reform, or undoing Obama’s Executive Orders, but you can bet their Twitter feeds would be scrupulously polite and deferential to Democrats and the media; IOW “Presidential.”
But this one guy sees more ‘The Art of War’ than the ‘Art of the Deal’ in Trump’s tweets. Take it away, Imperator Rex:
1. A taxonomy of an insanely clever Trump tweet – some observations.
Crooked Hillary Clinton is the worst (and biggest) loser of all time. She just can’t stop, which is so good for the Republican Party. Hillary, get on with your life and give it another try in three years!
2. A reminder: Trump is Sun Tzu’s best ever student, in fact a true master of the ancient genius. Here’s one of my threads on the subject from September:
3. The key thing to remember is that every tweet Trump creates is meticulously prepared to achieve strategic objectives, down to the timing of release. In this case, at least TEN objectives. Consider:
4. #1 – it boxes the Democrats in by framing them as Hillary Clinton’s party, something they’re desperately trying to get away from. Trump ensures that each new path they try to take away, leads back to Hillary Clinton.
5. #2 – it forces Hillary to stay in the public eye. Dems are desperately trying to get rid of Hillary, but this will force her to continue, or it will appear she’s conceding to Trump. Her massive ego simply can’t allow her to slip away quietly.
6. #3 – it deepens the split between Democrat supporters who support Clinton & those who want her gone. The Obama, Sanders & Clinton factions are now in open warfare with each other. A divided house cannot stand, especially if it’s broke.
7. #4 – it forces Democratic Party politicians to take a public position on Hillary Clinton. Those who disown her but have supported her in the past will be attacked as hypocrites, while those who remain silent will be judged to still support her, an even worse position.
8. #5 – it reminds undecided voters of the above, creating doubt in their minds about the Democratic Party. They may or may not decide to vote for Trump, but they definitely won’t bother voting for a Democratic Party shitshow.
9. #6 – it subtly messages that the GOPe is dying. Notice how Trump is rebadging the GOP as the ‘Republican Party’, as he continues the process of transforming it into a #MAGA coalition. Clever as hell.
10. #7 – it confuses the Clintons. My opinion : he creates the deception that he’s going to let Clinton go, even encouraging her to continue in her delusion of running in 2020 – when she’s indicted, he can also say he didn’t know it was coming.
11. #8 – it strengthens, entertains & reassures Trump’s base, as well as providing a counterpoint to the Democratic chaos. The tweet is hilarious, Trump appears in full control and relaxed. It’s reassuring in uncertain times.
12. #9 – it deflects away from his ongoing assault on the Turtle Brigade, GOPe & dismantling of their power. This is a BIG deal, but it’s largely happening unnoticed.
13. #10 – it infuriates & distracts the liberal base. Trump now lives in their head 24/7. The reaction in the comments is INSANE. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry – mostly you’ll laugh. Trump is controlling their emotional reactions and decision-making – and they don’t know it.
14. If you can, read my earlier tweet about Sun Tzu. Trump is creating momentum with different attack lines. Tzu describes it as creating a torrent of water that becomes too strong for opposing forces. Once the resistance of enemies is crushed, you have won without fighting.
15. But in the meantime, learn from the work of a true strategic genius. Ten objectives achieved – simultaneously – in less than 40 hilarious words. Like I’ve been saying, the guy is on another level. His opponents should bend the knee, or expect bitter defeat.
Feel free to argue the point, or just ignore this post because it doesn’t lend itself easily to stock left-wing talking points, and that’s all of some y’all got. But I find it an interesting perspective. I don’t think Trump is a dumb guy, so there has to be a strategy behind the Tweets.