White Privilege; It’s What’s for Dinner

Stout policewoman with butch haircut and drinking problem put on paid leave after calling out male police officer for “White Privilege.”

An Indiana police force placed a female captain on paid administrative leave after she told a fellow officer that he benefited from “white male privilege.”

The incident occurred at a Nov. 1 training seminar on how police should interact with transgender people in their communities, led by a U.S. Department of Justice representative and a U.S. attorney.

“My wife has never been part of police violence,” he said. “Most of the people that I know have never been, accused the police of violence. So I guess I don’t get where that statistic comes from.”

“‘Cause your white male privilege, so you wouldn’t know” said a woman’s voice. The woman was identified as Weber by local media outlets.

“I’m sorry?” a man asked.

“Your white male privilege,” the woman repeated.

Weber was placed on administrative leave on Nov. 16. She was previously suspended in August for violating a department policy by driving her squad car within eight hours of drinking alcohol and for having alcohol in her squad car, according to WISH.

19 Comments »

1. She’s back on the job https://www.facebook.com/WRTV6/posts/10155393733239092

Comment by George — December 7, 2017 @ 6:43 pm - December 7, 2017

2. How can she be back on the job? That statement regarding white male priviledge alone shows she’s incapable of the professional detachment and unbiased view a police officer has to have. Drinking on the job and having liquor in an official vehicle should have had her demoted to traffic long ago.

Comment by scr_north — December 7, 2017 @ 8:48 pm - December 7, 2017

3. Angry dyke. What else do you expect?

Comment by davinci38 — December 7, 2017 @ 9:36 pm - December 7, 2017

4. I don’t understand how I have been privileged by being white. I had to study to get good grades, was turned down several times at interviews I really wanted, started at low wages but got raises with hard work, been let go a couple of times. No one has given me anything because of my pigmentation. Anything I received was because of me and the work and preparation I put in.

There was an old Eddie Murphy skit on SNL where he went in whiteface make-up and found white people were given everything. A funny bit but it seems like people believe it as reality now.

Comment by eeyore — December 7, 2017 @ 10:02 pm - December 7, 2017

5. Eeyore, I have said the same thing myself, several times. However, it matters not. They will tell you that even if you haven’t gotten what you wanted, you have still received more opportunities to fail, because you are white. They would tell you people of color don’t even get the chance to fail, because of their skin color, so whether you acknowledge it or not, it’s still white privilege—you failed but you still had the opportunity to do so because you are white, when the person of color had no chance to succeed OR fail. No matter what occurs, whether positive or negative, you will be told you get what you get because you are white and have more opportunities than anyone else.

Comment by TADFORD — December 8, 2017 @ 2:36 am - December 8, 2017

6. It never ceases to amaze me when people tell other that they are have advantages because of “white privilege”. The car this woman is driving, her computer, the electric she uses, the democracy she enjoys to name a few are the results of White Men working, inventing, discovering, improving —-you get the point.
    Addendum: Started working when I was ten (delivering newspapers) and still teaching at 78 to earn the things I need and want.

Comment by fortdixmike — December 8, 2017 @ 3:54 am - December 8, 2017

7. “White Privledge” is the modern version of that old 60’s excuse “…it’s all Whitey’s fault”, typically followed by “…gimme, gimme”.

Didn’t buy it then, not buying it now…

Comment by Ted Bunker (Charging Rhino) — December 8, 2017 @ 4:27 am - December 8, 2017

8. In a way, I respect the Black Muslims. They aren’t in the “gimme, gimme” mindset. They hate white people, but encourage self-respect and self-reliance.

Comment by Larry — December 8, 2017 @ 5:29 am - December 8, 2017

9. I’ve often said, “White privilege? Appalachia laughs at you.”

Comment by The_Livewire — December 8, 2017 @ 7:29 am - December 8, 2017

10. @ 4, I’ve seen that Eddie Murphy sketch. I bet colleges and universities use it in their courses to brainwash students.

Comment by Pawfurbehr — December 8, 2017 @ 7:41 am - December 8, 2017

11. Ah, I see. A common man-hater who failed to complete her local college White Privilege course. Clumsy hag.

Comment by Hanover — December 8, 2017 @ 7:52 am - December 8, 2017

12. White male privilege = You’re expected to lift and move furniture; change a tire; take out the garbage; kill icky bugs; clear the leaves from the gutters; etc.

I’ll make my white male friends all the sammiches they want any day!

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — December 8, 2017 @ 8:13 am - December 8, 2017

13. eeyore: I don’t understand how I have been privileged by being white.

eeyore, what you’ve got going for you is evident in every line you and fortdixmike wrote (see below). It’s not a privilege given to you, it’s a power inherent in every human being, irrespective of color.

eeyore: I had to study to get good grades, (I) was turned down several times at interviews I really wanted, (I) started at low wages but got raises with hard work, (I’ve) been let go a couple of times.

fortdixmike: (I) Started working when I was ten (delivering newspapers) and (I’m) still teaching at 78 to earn the things I need and want.

Comment by apple betty — December 8, 2017 @ 8:44 am - December 8, 2017

14. “White Privilege” is the “privilege” of working and paying taxes so that people with Government jobs and welfare can protest you for having “White Privilege.”

Comment by V the K — December 8, 2017 @ 9:12 am - December 8, 2017

15. I’m not surprised that the Police Department gave the alcoholic butch lesbian her job back and punished the white guy for an expressing an opinion.

Comment by V the K — December 8, 2017 @ 10:17 am - December 8, 2017

16. Ugly, stupid and drunk is no way to stumble through life….

Comment by runningrn — December 8, 2017 @ 10:40 am - December 8, 2017

17. Now that’s the kind of woman that made me switch in the first place.

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — December 8, 2017 @ 10:57 am - December 8, 2017

18. She may have been hired to fill a quota, and may have been hired ahead of some better-qualified white male. I also would not be surprised if she flunked some of the tests, but was given waivers and allowed to graduate anyway, while white male trainees who failed the same tests got washed out.

Comment by Tom — December 8, 2017 @ 12:11 pm - December 8, 2017

19. I ought to have a credit card test on my face with this dyke. Who would have the heavier stubble?

Comment by davinci38 — December 8, 2017 @ 10:30 pm - December 8, 2017