Well-Justified Misanthropy

Posted by V the K at 9:05 am - December 12, 2017.
Filed under: Social Issues

Video of little kid crying about being bullied at school goes viral; results in calls of support from athletes, and invitations to attend premier of Avengers movie. Jealous horrible sewer trout gang up on the kid and bully him some more on Twitter because his mom has a Confederate Flag. Even d-bag Patton Oswalt thought the people bashing the kid were out of line; his Twitter followers thought differently.

Also, the parents of the terrorist that tried to blow up people in NYC but failed because his strap-on went off prematurely said America had it coming because the police were rude to them. The terrorist, BTW, said he was outraged because there were Christmas-themed posters on the subway. When he gets out of the hospital, I’m sure there’s a job waiting for him at the ACLU.

And an Oklahoma lesbian couple got prison time after brutally abusing a little boy in their custody. Yeah, the story is three months old; for some reason, it was not widely reported outside Oklahoma.

Some days I feel like people are just horrible.

1. strap-on ????

Comment by Bill — December 12, 2017 @ 9:19 am - December 12, 2017

2. …his strap-on went off prematurely“. [/Bwahhahhahhahhahhah!]

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — December 12, 2017 @ 9:52 am - December 12, 2017

3. Just remember … Trump is still President, and Hillary is not. That always makes me feel better.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — December 12, 2017 @ 10:36 am - December 12, 2017

4. I am so tired of the bullying conversation. Bullying is a pervasive, ongoing, overwhelming set of events. It is NOT a one-time incident in which I am called a name I don’t like. These Twitter commenters who say otherwise are idiots.

Comment by TADFORD — December 12, 2017 @ 12:32 pm - December 12, 2017

5. There is some question whether that page was really the kid’s mother as well. Seems like it’s a troll.

Comment by Craig E Smith — December 12, 2017 @ 4:09 pm - December 12, 2017

6. I’m a misanthrope. My high-school best friend’s father was a prominent attorney and he told me “people are $4!t until proven otherwise”. At the time, I thought that was a horrible thing to say. Years of experience has taught me that he was right.

The bully pile-on says that there are a lot of lefties that are, and I mean this clinically, mentally ill. It’s one thing to read a story and think ho-hum or “BS” but these people have become rabid. I mean, what difference does it make?

Of course we now have a society where politicians can sell influence for millions (Bill & Hill) or get the nation mired in the proverbial quagmire (GWB and Barry) or plunge entire regions into brutal chaos (Barry and Hill) and no one seems to notice. But dig up evidence that someone may have patted someone’s bum 20 years ago and we need congressional investigations, impeachments, and resignations.

Comment by KCRob — December 12, 2017 @ 6:30 pm - December 12, 2017

7. Looks like Moore lost…which actually isn’t too surprising…I think a lot of Reps didn’t vote.

Comment by TADFORD — December 12, 2017 @ 8:41 pm - December 12, 2017

8. When is that book coming out – Johnny Has Two Mommies?

Comment by Papa Giorgio — December 13, 2017 @ 12:08 am - December 13, 2017

9. Bullying? I just thought the kid or family wanted attention or sympathy. Airing it out in public is not the solution. Everyone goes through it. Suck it up and fight back.

Comment by Paul in N. AL — December 13, 2017 @ 9:27 am - December 13, 2017

10. @9: Paul – I have to disagree.

I was bullied in grade school but that was a long time ago and no one had ever heard of cell phones or the internet (which, if it existed, was still a lab experiment).

Also, while a few kids were bullies, sociopaths were rare in grade school. Plus, that was in the day when getting crosswise with the principal was a bad idea.

Today, some bullies are felonious in their behavior and, with social media, a kid’s humiliation can go global and 24/7.

It’s a different world.