How About That Nimrata Haley?

Posted by V the K at 9:06 am - December 19, 2017.
Filed under: American Exceptionalism

Even though, as a conservatarian, I am supposed to hate all brown people and think of women as sex slaves who should be forced to wear coal-scuttle bonnets a la “Handmaid’s Tale,” (sarcasm, duh), I think Nimrata Haley would be a much, much better choice for first lady president than… um… some of the other options being floated. (And unlike some of the other options being floated, she’s a legit Indian.)

She really let that Mos Eisley Cantina of tyrants, crooks, and dysfunction known as the United Nations have it yesterday.

To the United Nations’ shame, this has been a disproportionately hostile place for the Middle East’s most enduring democracy.

The United States refuses to accept the double standard that says we are not impartial when we stand by the will of the American people by moving our U.S. embassy, but somehow the United Nations is a neutral party when it consistently singles out Israel for condemnation.

For decades, Israel has withstood wave after wave of bias in the UN and its agencies. The United States has often stood beside Israel. We did not on December 23, 2016. We will not make that mistake again.

1. Within her sphere of global diplomacy she is able to tell the difference between, when diplomacy is needed and when action is needed. For anyone who thinks that the UN is a democratic body, they are mistaken. Some of the members are democratic and we are on top of that list. I say this because commentary about this decision and Nikki calling out the idiots has been overwhelmingly of a couple of themes, one being that she is attacking a democratic body.

Comment by Hanover — December 19, 2017 @ 9:28 am - December 19, 2017

2. This policy is right in line with US policy except for the years of BHO. This is unusually blunt talk for the Security Council, and is most welcome.

I recommend Ambassador Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s speech after the infamous “Zionism is Racism” UN resolution in the General Assembly in 1975. It is a masterfully written speech. ( https://www.unwatch.org/moynihans-moment-the-historic-1975-u-n-speech-in-response-to-zionism-is-racism/ )

The second paragraph says, “The United States rises to declare before the General Assembly of the United Nations, and before the world, that it does not acknowledge, it will not abide by, it will never acquiesce in this infamous act.” and the speech concludes much the same way.

We need more talk like this in the United Nations.

Comment by TheQuietMan — December 19, 2017 @ 9:35 am - December 19, 2017

3. I’d vote for a ticket of Nikki Haley and Tim Scott (in either order) in a heartbeat. Last time I looked, neither of them was a white man.

Comment by Mike M. — December 19, 2017 @ 10:16 am - December 19, 2017

4. Tell me again why we consider the UK and France our allies?

(Actually, France was never our ally. We were just fighting against their enemies, so they stood with us [by which I mean BEHIND US].)

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — December 19, 2017 @ 12:26 pm - December 19, 2017

5. I’d vote for a ticket of Nikki Haley and Tim Scott (in either order) in a heartbeat. Last time I looked, neither of them was a white man.

Unfortunately, they’re both from the same State; South Carolina.

The Party definitely needs to recruit and nominate in 2020 or 2024 from the younger generations. — all all levels of government. We need more candidates and office-holders in their 40s and 50s.

And I don’t mean Little Marco either.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — December 19, 2017 @ 2:39 pm - December 19, 2017

6. Nikki Haley has been a surprisingly awesome Trump pick for me. I never envisioned her like this, and she has way exceeded my expectations. It’s nice to have adults in charge after 8 years of juvenile, lying, moral equivocating dilettantes!

Comment by runningrn — December 20, 2017 @ 11:37 am - December 20, 2017

7. It’s nice to have adults in charge after 8 years of juvenile, lying, moral equivocating dilettantes!

It’s been waaay-more-than eight years, not since Jeane Kirkpatrick left the building.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — December 20, 2017 @ 5:49 pm - December 20, 2017