And Another Example…

Posted by V the K at 10:16 am - January 10, 2018.
Filed under: Liberal Intolerance

Gay dude raised as a Democrat dogma drone starts thinking for himself, personally experiences the failures of Democrat policies, realigns as Republican. When he comes out as Republican, his Democrat family and friends reject him. (HT: Runningrn)

When, in my adulthood, the liberal policy agenda became problematic for me, I found myself at a loss. I began to raise questions with my family and friends, and met resistance. It was not because my concerns were particularly inappropriate; I was just not supposed to be questioning at all.

One could disagree with nuances, but not the judgment of the (then) president, or the party. Period. The irony of this apparent intolerance for diversity of thought by the party claiming to champion the rights of groups underserved by the status quo was not lost on me.

For the first time in my progressive life, standing up for the values that I most strongly espouse—truth, morality, self-reliance, boundaries, tolerance, and a healthy dose of Jewish skepticism—was damaging my reputation and character. When I publicly opposed my dad’s support of the Iran deal, I was admonished. I had few friends with whom I could have a civil political conversation: one stopped all communication with me for two weeks because Trump won the presidency.

If Republicans are bad, Trump is nothing less than Satan embodied. Post-election family gatherings devolved into group Trump-bashing, which intensified as more rumors of my dubious views wafted across town. I did not even bother going to gay pride because it was fused with a Resist march. If you do not want to impeach our president, you have no place in gay life.

I was labeled a white supremacist by a friend I’ve known my entire life, and completely dropped with no explanation by another dear friend and self-anointed giant of the gay civil rights movement to whom my father had introduced me 15 years ago.

If the left were secure that their policies worked and their ideas were the right ones, would they have so much hostility toward people who question them?

1. “Welcome to sanity.”

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 11:12 am - January 10, 2018

2. The left’s use of Concepts and words related to morality, right and wrong and patriotism have increased since president Trump’s Ascension to the White House. Periodically I will take a stab at one or two as patriotism and morality are completely unrelated to anything on the left.

It is my observation that this focus on patriotism and morality is done subconsciously and is not orchestrated by the villains in the Democrat media complex or the Democrat donors and Puppet Masters.

The simple hatred on the right of radicals and destructive liberal policies is totally unrelated to the vindictiveness and pettiness on the left in their Quest to quash descent and to attempt to retake the national dialogue.

Comment by Hanover — January 10, 2018 @ 11:14 am - January 10, 2018

3. That Chadwick Moore talk at the Log Cabin Republicans meeting mentioned in the story was great. I’ll see if I can dig up the video.

Comment by CH — January 10, 2018 @ 11:14 am - January 10, 2018

4. I’m trying to make comment but I keep getting redirected to a spam ad

Comment by James — January 10, 2018 @ 11:39 am - January 10, 2018

5. I’m trying to make comment but I keep getting redirected to a spam ad
    Comment by James —

Bruce looked into it and couldn’t find a problem with the site. Could it be something else?

Comment by V the K — January 10, 2018 @ 3:01 pm - January 10, 2018

6. gee leftists(liberals)are totalitarians, who woulda thunk it.

Comment by salg — January 10, 2018 @ 3:19 pm - January 10, 2018

7. @6

At random… David Horowitz, Joe Rogan, Dave Rubin, …

… Maybe?

Some (very few) people of all sorts of creeds and generations *do* manage to recover, eventually.

Here, that’s what I find remarkable!

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 3:26 pm - January 10, 2018

8. It appears that the man doesn’t really have a family or friends. I’m sorry that happened. He should find a church and meet people that will actually be friends.

Comment by Robin — January 10, 2018 @ 5:27 pm - January 10, 2018

9. OT — but I just hope it’s only the beginning:

Heck. I don’t see why my past employers and myself over the past 9 years would have to count much longer among the law abiding “idiots” who have the weakness to follow the rules only to fund the ungrateful who don’t and leech on our taxes.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 6:07 pm - January 10, 2018

10. Dammit.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 6:07 pm - January 10, 2018

11. Long live Donald J. Trump.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 6:09 pm - January 10, 2018

12. And God Bless America.

Anew.

Please.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 6:13 pm - January 10, 2018

13. Lefties scorn religion (except for the ones that coexist peacefully with others) with snark like “you’ll make baby Jesus cry” and the like.

Yet the left is fanatical in its worship of its ideology and its infallible clergy (see Hillary and Pope Barry).

These days, heretics in the Church or Progressivism have it much worse than the heretics in Christian churches – look at how readily the Progressives excommunicate heretics for questioning dogma – even small ones.

Comment by KCRob — January 10, 2018 @ 6:26 pm - January 10, 2018

14. “If you live a pathological life, then you pathologize your society.

And if enough people do it, and you wait long enough, then that becomes Hell.

Really…

Really!”

— Jordan B. Peterson, 2016, commenting before his students on the “The Gulag Archipelago“, by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn (12/11/1918 – 8/3/2008)

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 6:27 pm - January 10, 2018

15. My dear:

They are not liberals. They are authoritarian Communists where you must follow the party line.

Comment by davinci38 — January 10, 2018 @ 7:28 pm - January 10, 2018

16. @15

Bingo.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 7:39 pm - January 10, 2018

17. If names are not used correctly, then language is not in accordance with the truth of things.

Confucius (551 BC – 479 BC)

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 7:56 pm - January 10, 2018

18. OT — for those of us who have a Twitter account, that’s how they rolll, at Twitter:

Tsk tsk tsk tsk tsk.

I’m starting to suspect the meanest teenage girl you can ever find likely has more manners and decency than these losers, Vintage ‘2016.

Comment by Cyril — January 10, 2018 @ 9:02 pm - January 10, 2018

19. Great insights from Jordan who explains how he fought and won against his own younger age cognitive dissonance — and got himself some closure :

Maybe someone could share that with the post’s victim of his “liberal” former friends.

Comment by Cyril — January 11, 2018 @ 12:23 am - January 11, 2018

20. I wonder how many gays and others can use this post as their own mini biography?

Comment by fortdixmike — January 11, 2018 @ 5:19 am - January 11, 2018

21. @20 Very possibly even more than we can only speculate.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 12:51 am - January 12, 2018

22. In just 9 years, America went from questioning the idea of MSM objectivity and suspecting unavoidable bias:

to, well, this:

which once was seen as the most potent alternative to the MSM subjectivity, should it ever become unbearable.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 1:10 am - January 12, 2018

23. The radical left spoils, corrupts, and eventually destroys anything and everything it touches.

It’s only a matter of time.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 1:12 am - January 12, 2018