Millennials Are Problematic

Posted by V the K at 3:00 pm - January 12, 2018.
Filed under: Pop Culture

‘Friends’ the nineties sitcom mainstay has come to UK Netflix. Apparently, some of the precious little snowflakes can’t handle its “problematic” “racism” “homophobia” and “transphobia.”  Por ejemplo:

Chandler was increasingly uncomfortable with his sexuality in the earlier seasons of Friends, and was horrified when he discovered that a lot of women assumed he was gay when they first met him.

In one scene a co-worker tries to set Chandler up with a man and the rest of the episode is dominated by his obsession with proving that he’s straight.

He even uses his friend’s grandmother’s funeral as an opportunity to hit on a woman to prove that he’s not gay.

The scenes haven’t stood the test of time, with one saying they ‘can’t get over’ the homophobic undertones of the episodes. One tweeted: ‘It’s crazy to watch Friends on Netflix now and realize how homophobic and misogynistic the show really was.’

No wonder Generation Z hates the Millennials.

It’s almost as absurd as leftists trying to claim Haiti isn’t a sh-thole.

I’ve been watching some reruns of Absolutely Fabulous. Another nineties sitcom that would probably send social justice wankers into paroxysms of virtue signaling faux outrage.

YouTube Preview Image

1. I’ve been watching Cheers — the writing is excellent, the jokes are clean, but today’s SJWs would NEVER let a show like it air nowadays. Too bad- it’s hilarious.

Comment by Melissa — January 12, 2018 @ 3:29 pm - January 12, 2018

2. I cannot help but wonder about what we can assume today’s status of the first episodes of Married, with children to be, for those people.

Totally okay (to make fun of white) or totally intolerable (not funny at all) on that one?

I’d almost flip the coin. Go figure.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 5:41 pm - January 12, 2018

3. @2 Somehow, though, I have slightly less doubts about the case of, say, John Landis’ Coming to America (1988) featuring Eddy Murphy.

Especially if the audience happens to be made of a random sample of Amherst or Yale or etc, students.

Go figure. (Bis repetita.)

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 6:01 pm - January 12, 2018

4. No wonder Generation Z hates the Millennials.

Thank God for that, at least.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 6:17 pm - January 12, 2018

5. Never mind classic cartoons – Bugs Bunny can certainly be problematic.

When I contemplate the billions of people in the world with real problems (like starving to death or being hacked to death in some jungle war), I have to wonder what they’d think about our special little flowers – and then I’d know why they hate us.

Comment by KCRob — January 12, 2018 @ 6:24 pm - January 12, 2018

6. Can you imagine the paroxysms of rage that would be induced by a Benny Hill episode?

Oooh yeah. That one. Yes I think I have an idea, good sir.

(Not that I ever found that show more than silly/mildly funny — but definitely, if you still find it anyhow funny, today they’d probably demand you be stoned to death before making you, your kids, and grandkids to pay for “reparations” — no doubts about that.)

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 6:36 pm - January 12, 2018

7. Chandler Muriel Bing and Val Goldman of ‘The Birdcage’ are examples of characters poorly-written considering they were supposed have been raised by modern-day gay parents. Chandler’s character never rang true when gay topics came up, …and Val Goldman and his idiot girlfriend are the true oblivous antagonists in the film.

Did anyone explain to the writers that Armand and Albert raised Val??

Comment by Ted Bunker (Charging Rhino) — January 12, 2018 @ 6:42 pm - January 12, 2018

8. OT — in other news, even if you get anywhere close to the truth, you can no longer refer to other countries as being turned into lhitsoles by their governments:

But hey, qualifying your president as a Nazi or calling him Hitler is perfectly acceptable, actually, expected — hence, totally okay.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 6:53 pm - January 12, 2018

9. And never what Haitians themselves have been saying since 2015 about their own not-a-lhitsole government:

Or more recently:

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 7:17 pm - January 12, 2018

10. *And never mind

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 7:18 pm - January 12, 2018

11. I’ve only seen a few eps of Friends, and it hardly seemed politically incorrect. It seemed more like an approved PC sitcom for the progressive tastes. I wonder how these millennial snowflakes would feel about sitcoms like Married With children or Three’s Company.

Comment by James — January 12, 2018 @ 9:07 pm - January 12, 2018

12. Btw, here is the compelling argument on the utmost importance to always say or write what you truly think or believe:

(Or at least, to not do the opposite)

No wonder, then, who finds president Trump’s alleged words about Haiti absolutely intolerable.

Comment by Cyril — January 12, 2018 @ 10:08 pm - January 12, 2018

13. Can you imagine All in the Family in the current climate?

Comment by davinci38 — January 12, 2018 @ 10:27 pm - January 12, 2018

14. In the old days gay had the best gay jokes.

Comment by Bob — January 13, 2018 @ 1:37 am - January 13, 2018

15. How about the British TV series Vicious? I can watch it, but only in small doses. (It is about an elderly gay couple. The two men do love each other, but the bitching satire is hard to take. If I was one of them, I would have run for the hills!)

Comment by Larry — January 13, 2018 @ 5:29 am - January 13, 2018

16. I consider it a source of great pride that I’ve never watched a single episode of FRIENDS.

OTOH, I could watch THE BENNY HILL SHOW and ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS all day long. The scene where Edwina found out that Saffy’s baby’s father was black was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — January 13, 2018 @ 7:24 am - January 13, 2018

17. #8 Cyril – complaining about the POTUS and calling them Hitler and other foul names is only acceptable when a GOP POTUS is in office. If a DNC POTUS is in office anything but groveling and praising them as a diety is racist – sexist – whateverist.

Even now any truth told about Obama makes the Leftists squeal and start calling names.

Comment by Sandra — January 13, 2018 @ 9:17 am - January 13, 2018

18. Nothing better than AbFab. At 3:30 on this particular compilation: “Let’s just tax the stupid”. Hard to beat that!

Comment by Carol — January 13, 2018 @ 11:31 am - January 13, 2018

19. I don’t if anyone here remembers a show called “Frank’s Place” by Tim Reid (Venus Flytrap). It and anything by Mel Books just couldn’t be done now. Though I would love to see a Brooks take on today’s SJWs, “come on guys I’m talking about a REAL song” da camptown ladies…………….

Comment by Sennacherib — January 13, 2018 @ 2:13 pm - January 13, 2018

20. Don’t ever let them find out about South Park

Comment by Sean L — January 13, 2018 @ 3:13 pm - January 13, 2018

21. wow friends was transphobic before there were transsexuals.

Comment by salg — January 13, 2018 @ 6:35 pm - January 13, 2018

22. @20 😀

Comment by Cyril — January 13, 2018 @ 6:49 pm - January 13, 2018

23. “Your dead father is in the library…”

“… Go there and unite with him. Become the thing that keeps chaos at bay.”

Comment by Cyril — January 13, 2018 @ 7:11 pm - January 13, 2018

24. […] Millennials Are Problematic  […]

Pingback by The Weekly Headlines 13 jan lafayetteangel – Br Andrew's Muses — January 14, 2018 @ 9:12 am - January 14, 2018

25. How could one watch Friends and NOT realize how lame it is.

Comment by Niall — January 14, 2018 @ 9:50 am - January 14, 2018

26. […] Gay Patriot discusses Millenials being problematic […]

Pingback by Sorta Blogless Sunday Pinup » Pirate's Cove — January 14, 2018 @ 9:52 am - January 14, 2018

27. @23 I tried to watch a number of episodes (because of various audiences around me who seemingly were into it)…that was years and years ago.

I concur: I can’t recall to finish watching only one.

Comment by Cyril — January 14, 2018 @ 10:06 am - January 14, 2018

28. (I always thought, “Damn. That must be just me.”)

Comment by Cyril — January 14, 2018 @ 10:09 am - January 14, 2018

29. How could one watch Friends and NOT realize how lame it is.

I felt the same way about thirtysomething, which was the group dynamics show of the early 90s. I wasn’t (yet) in my 30s and the characters all were dealing with issues I couldn’t relate to: marriage, making babies, and ‘careers’.

Fast forward 2.5 decades, and the clips of the show I’ve seen since its original airing I still can’t relate to. I’m still not into marriage, making babies, or careerism. Funny thing is that most of the gay characters on teevee these days are portrayed as being obsessed with all those things (but mostly about marriage and raising children). Of course one can’t be an acceptable gay today without being legally married and having kids (preferably of the designer variety).

Comment by RSG — January 14, 2018 @ 11:26 am - January 14, 2018

30. AbFab…probably one of the funniest things on TV ever. To those ladies nothing was sacred…the were definitely equal opportunity offenders!

Comment by Hunter — January 14, 2018 @ 11:28 am - January 14, 2018

31. Anyway, that was more my taste:

“Well, if you’re the sheriff you’d better get these men in the ground.”

Comment by Cyril — January 14, 2018 @ 11:58 am - January 14, 2018

32. @28 : humour done right.

Comment by Cyril — January 14, 2018 @ 12:13 pm - January 14, 2018

33. @ 29, how about Young Sheldon that is a horrible show

Comment by James — January 14, 2018 @ 1:20 pm - January 14, 2018

34. I’ve called Coupling, “Like friends, but funny.”

Oh and I introduced the future Livewife to Match Game 78 on Amazon prime. Now THERE’s a show that would make millennials explode.

Comment by The_Livewire — January 14, 2018 @ 8:22 pm - January 14, 2018

35. It isn’t just Generation Z that hates Millennials.

Comment by Zendo Deb — January 15, 2018 @ 10:31 pm - January 15, 2018

36. We should get a panel of Millennial snowflakes to watch the first season of All In The Family, and watch their heads explode.

Or maybe a showing of Blazing Saddles?

Comment by Zendo Deb — January 15, 2018 @ 10:32 pm - January 15, 2018