Any Mockery of PC Culture Eventually Becomes the Mainstream of PC Culture

Canadian’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau… a.k.a Captain Soy Boy… mansplained to a young woman (who was asking a question about freedom of religious conscience and Canada’s utter lack thereof) that enlightened people don’t say “mankind” but “peoplekind.”

So, I heard about that yesterday and shrugged it off as another idiocy sprung from his Tide-Pod-flavored mouth. But apparently, it’s a big deal in some parts of the social media, so there you are.

Are they going to have to rename one of their provinces? Peopletoba?

Also, my description of Star Trek as “Luxury Authoritarian Space Communism” triggered some poor fan-boy on Ricochet. (Comment #11)

1. Campus Reform reported a case at Northern Arizona University where a student was docked one point on a term paper for using the word “mankind” instead of “humankind.”

Also, speaking of Trudeau, he told a Marine corporal-who had lost a leg in combat-that veterans’ benefits would have to be cut, because “veterans are asking for more than we are able to give.” But leftist politicians are always “able to give” plenty of money to illegal aliens, Muslims, and able-bodied, young adult welfare recipients.

Comment by Tom — February 6, 2018 @ 1:52 pm - February 6, 2018

2. Yeah – the current PM of Canada is what happens when you actually elect the soy boy to office. Besides the terrible English of ‘peoplekind’ not being a actual word, is knowing the lengths such soy boys would actually go for their vision of the glory kingdom of their social justice. It would have so much better if Trudeau would find the catholic church as convert. At least, more people would how to manage such a clown. Not that this is trashing the Catholic Church, but is the trashing of a fool getting off on it.

Comment by Dav — February 6, 2018 @ 2:33 pm - February 6, 2018

3. It would have so much better if Trudeau would find the catholic church as convert.

Are you sure about that?

Comment by V the K — February 6, 2018 @ 2:59 pm - February 6, 2018

4. This is what happens when your leaders think too-much in French.
    Also why you keep a ball-gag handy in the bedside-drawer, “Pretty, but…

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — February 6, 2018 @ 3:43 pm - February 6, 2018

5. Some of us keep one with the TV-remote in the living room, you might not have gotten as far as the bedroom when you recognize you need one. I used to keep one in the car…

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — February 6, 2018 @ 3:50 pm - February 6, 2018

6. At V of K – only in the sense used by Eugene O’Neil’s character in the film Reds about “Irish’ catholic. It’s an actual phony catholic, but at least it would be a phony with something beside just this current PC nonsense. You know a convert can be quite over-the-top.

Comment by Dav — February 6, 2018 @ 5:35 pm - February 6, 2018

7. @2 @3 @6

Here, I have no problem with people trashing the Catholic Church these days, considering what it has become.

Heck, I know a number of catholics around me who got their definitive clues ever since Vatican II and especially after what happened to Mons. Marcel Lefebvre in 1988.

I’m still waiting to see which of my catholics will kindly point out to Pope Francis and his acolytes they observably got the wrong book on their bedtables — it’s unclear to me whether the faithful among us are much interested in hearing their regurgitation of the U.N. Agenda 21 on such a regular basis, vs our new covenant.

I’d consider giving the refresher myself if I could, but even then I’m afraid I could become violent towards their highnesses.

Go figure!

(Mea culpa. Er.. non)

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 5:56 pm - February 6, 2018

8. * which of my fellow catholics

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 5:57 pm - February 6, 2018

9. Pope Mofo Francis. That’s how I call him.

Excuse my french.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 6:01 pm - February 6, 2018

10. sigh

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 6:03 pm - February 6, 2018

11. Revelation 17:4-6

No show will ever beat that plot twist. Star Trek included.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 6:20 pm - February 6, 2018

12. I have just awoken from a strange dream of illegality and flight, and read this with great discomfirt and confusion. I am a-feared.

Comment by Ted Bunker (Charging Rhino) — February 6, 2018 @ 9:53 pm - February 6, 2018

13. @1 btw,

What can I say.

Arrogance isn’t a random pathological personality trait on the left.

It starts as a hobby in private salons, evolves into a public(ly funded) sport, and ends up being an all-out lifestyle.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 10:12 pm - February 6, 2018

14. Oh well — smile, brothas and sistas,

… nothing can stop an idea whose time has come.

🙂

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 10:47 pm - February 6, 2018

15. English vs Newspeak, indeed —

Are they going to have to rename one of their provinces? Peopletoba?

English — 1, Newspeak — 0 :

I’ve read some Marx, now I’m gonna change the world!

#CaveatEmptor

Comment by Cyril J. — February 6, 2018 @ 11:12 pm - February 6, 2018

16. “British” “Columbia” is a twofor-trigger, …must be renamed.

Comment by Ted Bunker (Charging Rhino) — February 6, 2018 @ 11:34 pm - February 6, 2018

17. Hmm. I’ve been calling it Re-jay-jay for years. Color me beta.

Comment by Ignatius — February 7, 2018 @ 10:01 am - February 7, 2018

18. Wow those Star Trek leftist nerds take their socialism seriously.

Comment by Pawfurbehr — February 7, 2018 @ 10:32 am - February 7, 2018

19. One minor correction: the disabled Canadian veteran was evidently an army soldier, not a marine. Canada does not have a marine corps as such. Maybe I made the assumption because, in the US, “lance corporal” is exclusively a Marine rank.

Which does not change the basic point that Progressives treat veterans, and hard-working, tax-paying citizens in general, like bums, and they treat freeloading bums like royalty.

Comment by Tom — February 7, 2018 @ 12:31 pm - February 7, 2018

20. @19 yup, you nail it so good —

and likewise, New York’s, Michigan’s, California, et al’s “bums” end up voting with their feet out of state, crossing the “royalty” flooding in.

Leftism genius values and ideas: turning cities, states, and countries into the material for a fun, global, ever renewed, communicating vases experiment.

#DoesNotCompute_NeverDid_NeverWill

Q.E.D.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 7, 2018 @ 3:23 pm - February 7, 2018

21. …my description of Star Trek as “Luxury Authoritarian Space Communism”

I’ve also seen it described on other sites as “adolescent socialism”.

Comment by AF_Vet — February 7, 2018 @ 10:46 pm - February 7, 2018

22. Apologies for the formatting snafu above. I missed the class on “closing html formatting tags”.

Comment by AF_Vet — February 7, 2018 @ 10:48 pm - February 7, 2018

23. The Regressive Left is anti-gay. They support el-jibbity shakedown organizations because deep down they support the erasure of homosexuality.

Comment by Matthew — February 13, 2018 @ 12:55 pm - February 13, 2018

24. You can have my Barry MANilow and Melissa MANChester CDs when you pry them from my cold, dead hands.

Comment by Matthew — February 13, 2018 @ 12:55 pm - February 13, 2018