Politicians

Senator Joe Manchin (Dom-WV). Photos taken three weeks apart. It never ceases to amaze me that there are people pathetically gullible enough to believe politicians really care about them.

1. “You wuz play’d, sucka!” …Did the check clear?

Comment by Ted Bunker (Charging Rhino) — February 8, 2018 @ 3:55 pm - February 8, 2018

2. Psalm 146 says, “Do not put your trust in princes, in mortal men, ….” (NIV) Politicians certainly fall into the do not trust category. All of ’em.

Comment by TheQuietMan — February 8, 2018 @ 4:07 pm - February 8, 2018

9) Makes everyone look better

10) See your boss in the buff

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 4:48 pm - February 8, 2018

4. 10bis) You can agree to paying state taxes in West Virginia

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 4:49 pm - February 8, 2018

5. OT — Top 10 Honest Women’s T-Shirt Slogans

1) Yeah, guys have feelings too, but, who cares?

2) Next mood swing in 6 minutes

3) I hate everybody, and you’re next

4) I used to be schizophrenic, but we are okay now

5) I = busy, you = ugly, have a nice day

6) I have an attitude and I know how to use it

7) Don’t get me started, you won’t finish

8) You have the right to remain silent: shut up

9) Sorry if I look interested: I’m not

10) You’re warned: I’m running out of places to hide the bodies

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 5:20 pm - February 8, 2018

6. What’s the difference between a prostitute and a politician?

Prostitutes actually give you what you pay them for.

Comment by Sean L — February 8, 2018 @ 6:21 pm - February 8, 2018

7. @6 So true.

Besides, a prostitute won’t put a gun pointed at your head to keep you paying for future non-performances.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 6:33 pm - February 8, 2018

8. Pols not strong on principle, are they?

Seems like only yesterday, conservatives had an irrational fear of Russia, law enforcement wasn’t to be trusted, the surveillance state was evil, and America’s poor needed the Democrat party to survive.

Comment by KCRob — February 8, 2018 @ 6:46 pm - February 8, 2018

9. @Sean I usually do that joke but with douchebags doing the job people pay for.

OT:Eagles quarterback has the biggest PP on the team

Comment by Steve — February 8, 2018 @ 6:50 pm - February 8, 2018

10. @10

Q: Why were men given slightly larger brains than dogs?

A: So they won’t always hump women’s legs at cocktail parties.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 7:27 pm - February 8, 2018

11. (@10 @9)

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 7:28 pm - February 8, 2018

12. Most politicians remind me of the mayor from The Nightmare Before Christmas, two-faced and not wanting to make any real decisions.

“Jack, please, I’m only an elected official here, I can’t make decisions by myself!”

Comment by eeyore — February 8, 2018 @ 7:50 pm - February 8, 2018

13. It seems to me that he is showing respect to both sides of the discussion. He is trying to represent ALL of his constituents. He is being courteous and we need more of that, not less.

Comment by Robin — February 8, 2018 @ 8:40 pm - February 8, 2018

14. Bad for your feet.

Worse for politicians.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 9:37 pm - February 8, 2018

15. “Oh, no worries, boss! I won’t need this year’s bonus.

I just want a raise.”

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 9:42 pm - February 8, 2018

16. This toady actually believed he wouldn’t be caught in a lie. Ooopppps.

Comment by davinic38 — February 8, 2018 @ 11:32 pm - February 8, 2018

17. There must be some sort of bipartisanship virus outbreak out there currently affecting the Domcrats in the strangest ways —

Ben Shapiro may have noticed it,

Comment by Cyril J. — February 8, 2018 @ 11:38 pm - February 8, 2018

18. Besides —

Confucius says,

“Woman with too much time for bedspring, may get offspring.”

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 12:51 am - February 9, 2018

19. That other Joe of fame name is still quite a contender, though:

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 2:45 am - February 9, 2018

20. A story:

Many years ago, I wrote a letter to my then-junior senator from Taxachusetts, J Forbes Kerry. A couple of weeks later, his office sent a letter to thank me for mine, expressing his support for one side of the argument.

A couple of weeks after that, I received *another* letter from his office, expressing support for the OTHER side of the issue.

Comment by Julie the Jarhead — February 9, 2018 @ 10:21 am - February 9, 2018

21. @19

Hopefully, the rest of your day back then wasn’t too bad.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 11:03 am - February 9, 2018

22. Some people call them congress critters for a reason.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 11:04 am - February 9, 2018

23. In business, the custom is for folks to choose their leaders on past achievements.

In politics, the custom seems to be choosing the leaders on promises.

Me thinks H. L. Mencken was on to something.

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 11:09 am - February 9, 2018

24. Half-OT —

Doug meets Bill at the bar for their usual after work drink.

Bill looked depressed.

Doug: “What’s wrong pal?”

“Well, I finally succeeded in talking my girlfriend into a threesome.”

“Wow, lucky you! But why the long face?”

“Yeah, well, when that entered the 4th hour of hot & heavy action, it dawned on me that I should have specified I wanted to be one of the three.”

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 11:16 am - February 9, 2018

25. Half-OT —

Nice one, from Tara Dodrill:

The Great Californian Exodus

(01/2018)

I found esp. interesting the second part of the article.

“From 1990 to at least 2007…”

Comment by Cyril J. — February 9, 2018 @ 9:28 pm - February 9, 2018