I’m Not Saying It, They’re Saying It

Posted by V the K at 2:32 pm - April 17, 2018.
Filed under: Literature & Ideas

Someone I never met but in a way I know ventured into the Feminism/Women Studies section of a bookstore and found these titles that show, pretty much, what the tone of Modern Feminism is.

1. And these heifers wonder why there are gay men in the world today…

Regards,
    Peter H.

Comment by Peter Hughes — April 17, 2018 @ 2:48 pm - April 17, 2018

2. According to Gallup, Milennials are twice as likely to identify as gay as other age groups. I can guess why.

Comment by V the K — April 17, 2018 @ 3:26 pm - April 17, 2018

3. Straight women that are into these books will have a difficult time finding a man. However, lesbos will attract plenty of womyn with this kind of attitude.

Comment by davinci38 — April 17, 2018 @ 3:59 pm - April 17, 2018

4. I’m thankful I’m a gay male.

Comment by Conservative guy — April 17, 2018 @ 4:38 pm - April 17, 2018

5. I’ve worked for a couple of female managers and they were pretty good at their jobs – and they did it without being shrews.

I guess these womyn want to be men – the kind most people consider to be jerks.

Comment by KCRob — April 17, 2018 @ 6:51 pm - April 17, 2018

6. These are also the first women to write where are all the good guys, and here is a list of what I believe makes a good guy.

Comment by Bosdan — April 17, 2018 @ 7:14 pm - April 17, 2018

7. Good point, KCRob. These womyn want to be gross, loud, strong, unruly — aren’t these all things they hate about “toxic masculinity”?

Comment by Conservative guy — April 17, 2018 @ 8:05 pm - April 17, 2018

8. @ Conservative guy: Supposedly, “toxic masculinity” is the concept that men feel insecure about expressing their feelings or showing vulnerability, and thus overcompensate/lash out in anger.

So yes, they are basically enacting “toxic masculinity.”

Comment by Sean L — April 17, 2018 @ 9:29 pm - April 17, 2018

9. If there’s a Womens Studies section in bookstores then there should be a Men’s Rights/Men’s Studies section too.

Comment by pawfurbehr — April 18, 2018 @ 7:22 am - April 18, 2018

10. At least these women won’t be reproducing themselves. Whew!

Comment by MikeyParks — April 18, 2018 @ 11:51 am - April 18, 2018

11. If there’s a Womens Studies section in bookstores then there should be a Men’s Rights/Men’s Studies section too.

In the past, most gay bookstores did have a specific men’s rights section, if they were large enough. (I could be wrong, but I believe the late Lambda Rising had a similar section.) Though the selection is fluid and depends on location, I have seen what could be called “Men’s Studies” sections in some Barnes & Noble stores, even if they weren’t specifically labeled as such.

Comment by RSG — April 19, 2018 @ 12:43 pm - April 19, 2018