How Is It That People Are Still Getting HIV?

Posted by V the K at 11:24 am - May 10, 2018.
Filed under: HIV/AIDS

As a culture, we have pretty much known since 1984 how to avoid getting HIV. Avoiding HIV has been part of the Sex Education indoctrination for almost as long. Yet, the numbers of infected keep growing and 70% of new cases are among gay men who especially should know better.

Taxpayers are spending $26 Billion annually (according to the article) on a disease that’s actually fairly easy to avoid. That works out to over $42,000 per person with HIV.

Gonorrhea, syphilis, and chlamydia are also exploding at epidemic levels. Liberals they are dealing with the problem by … I am not making this up…  well, here just read it.

The teenagers tucked their hands into their sweatshirt pockets as they shuffled to form a circle. Some gazed at the asphalt, trying to avoid the game they had been drafted to play.

“It’s like hot potato/musical chairs, but with a penis,” said the girl leading the group.

The teenagers, the girl explained, would pass a plastic, life-size penis around the circle. Whoever was holding it when the music stopped would have to unroll a condom onto it, completing each of the eight steps they had been taught a few minutes earlier.

Liberals think people are idiots who need to all be treated like children — highly sexualized children — probably because they spend all of their time around other liberals.

Liberals also blame “racism and stigma” for the dramatic jump in STD’s. I think it has more to do with the social left’s promotion of a culture in which sexual gratification is the premier value.

1. Shocking they haven’t done a better homework on that one.

Public health-wise, there is another thesis that popped up to explain the phenomena:

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 11:36 am - May 10, 2018

2. … but one must have gone thru the proper training and received enough credentials to interpret the data meaningfully enough:

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 11:42 am - May 10, 2018

3. … then one can contemplate to enjoy a well earned retirement after serving the public welfare and well-being:

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 11:46 am - May 10, 2018

4. Those idiots in California are sacrificing basic public health for P.C. lunacy. For example, San Francisco just repealed its ban on public defecation (“to help the homeless”?). I predict the ciry being overrun by rats (& disease) by late summer. Any tourists want to visit a city with streets full of human feces??

Comment by Jec — May 10, 2018 @ 11:49 am - May 10, 2018

5. (knowledge is power)

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 11:49 am - May 10, 2018

6. How to Stay Healthy in 1 to 5 Easy Steps

For Men and Women

1) Eat well
    2) Sleep well
    3) Get a shower once in a while
    4) Don’t mess up with chemical elements
    5) Choose your sexual partner(s) carefully

For the Rest of It
    1) Good luck

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 11:59 am - May 10, 2018

7. I blame PrEP.

When people joke about condoms as old timey PrEP you are going to get a spike in other STDs.

When you can get cheap or free pills nobody is going to take it seriously.

I’m single again after a few years and it’s like no one uses condoms anymore.

Comment by CH — May 10, 2018 @ 12:32 pm - May 10, 2018

8. Well, it’s a lot harder to pass a vajayjay around in a circle.

Comment by Ted B. (Charging Rhino) — May 10, 2018 @ 12:44 pm - May 10, 2018

9. After 30 years, if you have a death wish, stop blaming others for your self-destructive and suicidal behaviors. No one wants to hear your incessant whining.

Comment by rjligier — May 10, 2018 @ 12:53 pm - May 10, 2018

10. @ 6, do those chemical elements on your list cigarettes and alcohol too?

Comment by James — May 10, 2018 @ 12:58 pm - May 10, 2018

11. “When you can get cheap or free pills nobody is going to take it seriously.”

$1,500 a month PreP might be free but it’s costs are to the liver+ kidneys. Anyone doing party drugs with Prep is asking to age quickly.

OT:Baby Consent

Comment by Steve — May 10, 2018 @ 1:28 pm - May 10, 2018

12. Well, it’s a lot harder to pass a vajayjay around in a circle.

Unless it’s attached to Sandy Fluke or Stormy Daniels.

Comment by V the K — May 10, 2018 @ 2:06 pm - May 10, 2018

13. monogamy is so not liberal.

Comment by salg — May 10, 2018 @ 2:42 pm - May 10, 2018

14. @10 well, I suppose. That said, as with everything, God only knows how that YMMV* thing works on an individual, case by case, basis, I presume… old french joke below.

*Your Mileage May Vary

“I’ve known that old lady bar owner who had her own home-made strong liquor-elixir and had been taking it at breakfast, lunch, and dinner for decades — but eventually she had to stop selling it to clients”

“Oh, why was that? Too costly to make?”

“No, too many complaints of clients after they became blind.”

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 3:01 pm - May 10, 2018

15. OT — The Modern Socialist

Courtesy: Paul Joseph Watson

(I like that guy)

Not so OT — speaking of public health…

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 3:32 pm - May 10, 2018

16. I was single in the early 80’s. I messed around. Once this hit, I knew enough to stop messing around. Lots of my friends knew but they defined themselves by their sexual escapades. I am still here, they are not.

Comment by TnnsNe1 — May 10, 2018 @ 4:41 pm - May 10, 2018

17. @16

Reality is that which selects, be it pro or against your worldviews.

— JBP

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 6:07 pm - May 10, 2018

18. @4

California is a special case — being on a mission to redefine all the tenants of its reality, past, present, and future (if I dare say).

You know, just another social experiment, presumably.

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 6:13 pm - May 10, 2018

19. Btw, president Trump did something on my birthday, today:

President Trump: this is a special night

5/10/2018, 3am ET

He keeps getting things done. Kudos.

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 6:20 pm - May 10, 2018

20. ‘“The one thing I never do, and I hope others don’t as well, is blame these young people for not taking care of themselves,” said Barbara Ferrer, head of L.A. County’s Department of Public Health.’

Well, alrighty, then.

3rd Rule of Management: People work to expectations.

1st Rule of Survival: You’re responsible for yourself.

Progressive: “Rules and social expectations are so (fill in the blank)”

“If you keep doing the same thing and expect a different result, then that’s insanity,” (Dr. Michael) Hochman said.

And after 150 years of Progressive’s doing the same thing:

‘There are none so blind as those who will not see.”

Comment by Blair Ivey — May 10, 2018 @ 6:37 pm - May 10, 2018

21. @7: While I am glad PrEP is on the market, I agree with you in that people using it alone, rather than in conjunction with condoms, is a negative. That was my main concern when PrEP came out as I thought the gay community would view it as a magic pill that would make condoms unnecessary. It seems my fellow gay men are quite predictable in their behavior. This is why I do not partake in hook-ups, choose partners carefully, and use protection even when in relationships.

Comment by Belong — May 10, 2018 @ 7:36 pm - May 10, 2018

22. @ 6, I like those 5 steps. I’m sure that I may heard those before but may not have taken it to heart.

Comment by James — May 10, 2018 @ 8:13 pm - May 10, 2018

23. @22 meh, I plead guilty too.

Who doesn’t?!

😉

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 10:33 pm - May 10, 2018

24. Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum.

They have stopped teaching that in schools such a long time ago, it’s depressing. If not infuriating, in some contexts.

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 10:42 pm - May 10, 2018

25. History of my anxiety —

age 10 : Sunday evening blues (before a new week in communist schools)

age 20 : the proximity of that strange territory/land/continent called “women”

age 25 : first job interview

age 26 to 40 : tax season

age 40+ : sending more of my kids to schools

Scary/not funny.

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 10:53 pm - May 10, 2018

26. On a lighter note —

The Universal Hot vs Crazy Matrix

Although they are so annoying, irritating, or appalling, seriously we ought to pity the left, who has surrendered on a joyful, “gaie” life.

The man or woman who will discover the cure against that mental disorder will get his/her name next to Einstein’s, if you ask me.

Comment by Cyril J. — May 10, 2018 @ 11:11 pm - May 10, 2018

27. Now that I’m single I’m kind of depressed nobody cares about safe sex anymore. I guess pills will take care of it?

Comment by CH — May 11, 2018 @ 4:00 am - May 11, 2018

28. @27, you either take the blue pill or the red pill 🙂

Comment by James — May 11, 2018 @ 6:19 am - May 11, 2018

29. ‘“The one thing I never do, and I hope others don’t as well, is blame these young people for not taking care of themselves”

You would never, ever hear this in a story about obesity.

Comment by Rob Crawford — May 11, 2018 @ 8:11 am - May 11, 2018

30. You would never, ever hear this in a story about obesity.

Did you read the post on AOSHQ last night about the fat chick who knew she was too fat for a ride at Universal Studios but went anyway so she could whine about how the park “fat-shamed’ her?

Comment by V the K — May 11, 2018 @ 11:22 am - May 11, 2018