There are advantages to being on an outmoded e-mail system, particularly if you are a conservative. AOL gives me a constant insight into what the liberal media are covering and this story led the news that comes with your e-mail:
Yesterday, Bruce offered both the details of the attack on our consulate in Benghazi and a list of questions the White House refused to answer, questions, it appears, journalists for the “three major TV new networks” are failing to ask.
Summarizing the three elements of the scandal, John Hinderaker finds it
. . . hard to imagine how any newspaper could ignore, or even try to downplay, a story of this magnitude. Yet, if you rely on the New York Times for information, you know little about the battle of Benghazi, and nothing at all about the explosive account that emerged on Friday, fueled in part by the anger of the father of one of the dead American operatives.
John notes that the so-called paper of record “trying to ignore the charge that the Obama administration rejected calls for help from embattled troops on the ground in Benghazi” and asks if “the Times [is] always so reluctant to cover a foreign policy scandal in the last days of a presidential campaign”. Read the whole thing.
Given this does seem a perfect image of the White House press corps:
(H/t: Former left-leaning lesbian on Facebook.)
If you follow me on Twitter, you now that I have become quite angry following shocking reports on Friday that our CIA operatives fighting in Benghazi were three-times denied requests for backup during the siege of the Benghazi consulate.
Since the news broke, the CIA has thrown the White House under the bus and yet no one has denied the important part of the story – Three requests to help were specifically rebuffed by the US chain of command. No one has denied that there WERE requests, only who denied them.
Here’s what is known as fact.
- The President, Vice President and his National Security Team were in the White House Situation Room at 5:00PM on Sept. 11, 2012 watching livestreaming video from the consulate itself and by drones overhead.
- Requests from Tyrone Woods & Glenn Doherty came for help from the CIA annex to help save those trapped in the consulate.
- Those requests were denied by someone(s) in the US chain of command.
- Woods & Doherty ignored orders, saved almost forty people trapped at the consulate as well as the body of Sean Smith who had been killed.
- Ambassador Stevens was hiding in a safe room and Woods & Doherty couldn’t find him.
- Woods & Doherty returned to CIA safehouse and began taking mortar fire, and for the last time their request for support was denied and they were both killed.
- President Obama went to bed before the situation was over.
- President Obama flew to Las Vegas on 9/13 to attend a fundraiser.
Here is what the White House has refused to answer since this coverup began:
- Who decided (and why) to proactively come out with the “YouTube Video” demonstration cover story so aggressively when CIA & State knew by Sept. 14 it was false.
- Why was security denied to Ambassador Stevens despite his multiple requests throughout 2011.
- Why was Ambassador Stevens in Benghazi on 9/11/12 with no extra security.
- And finally, and perhaps most importantly now, who denied the three requests for help by the CIA operatives who gave their lives in Benghazi?
This situation is far worse than Watergate ever hoped to be. And our national news media (excluding FOX News) is complicit in the cover-up by the Obama Administration. Our press, protected by our own Consititution, have become enemies of the American people (those are the words of Democratic pollster Pat Cadell this weekend). At the very least, the three major TV news network operations should be demanding answers.
Hopefully, the American people will render the judgment and eject Obama on November 6. If he is re-elected, his second term will, at the very least, become consumed with the Benghazi firestorm.
Finally, this story isn’t over. I have sources in the blogosphere who tell me directly that senior military officials are furious that men were left in the battlefield. They know that POTUS himself issued the “stand down” order and allowed our men to die while he watched live on video stream. That is beyond the pale.
This flat-out lying to the American public by the Obama Administration is beyond the pale.
So President Obama can stand up for “Big Bird”… but our Ambassador and three other dead Americans in Benghazi were just “bumps in the road.” Roger that, Barack.
Will ANSWER be in front of the White House tomorrow yelling “No Blood For Oil!” ????
Yeah, I didn’t think so.