Louder with Crowder discovers that left-wing homosexuals are “a blast, fun to be around”. (OK, Crowder knew already.)
The greatest threat to your future, the greatest risk to the American Republic, is from the unprecented assault on Free Speech, committed by the media, Silicon Valley, politicians, Hollywood producers, and the academy.
Unlike Antifa, #BlackLivesMatter and a couple of idiots on the far right too, I don’t believe that violence is the answer to political disputes. That’s why I’m staging Berkeley Free Speech Week, a week-long festival of free expression, for libertarians, conservatives, and their liberal friends too, including everyone who has been prevented from speaking at UC Berkeley in the last 12 months.
- Interesting new web browser, Brave.
- Search engines, DuckDuckGo and Qwant.
- Email, ProtonMail.
- Video platforms, DailyMotion, Vid.me, BitChute, Minds.
- Social media (this is more getting rid of Facebook), Gab, Line.
- Smartphone – I’m not sure here; you can ditch Android for iPhone or Windows, but is Apple or Microsoft (co-founder of MSNBC) an improvement?
A fair argument from Tucker that Google can no longer be trusted and, due to its out-sized influence, should be regulated as a public utility:
I don’t necessarily agree; competition to Google could still punish their evil ways. But I found Tucker’s case interesting.
An editorial from James Damore himself, in The Wall Street Journal.
In my document, I committed heresy against the Google creed by stating that not all disparities between men and women that we see in the world are the result of discriminatory treatment.
The March on Google is still on for this Saturday, August 19.
The Left’s endless pursuit of their holy grail, Trumprussia, is an exercise in self-destruction. Even if they were to score a kill (which was always unlikely, and still is), it would only remind people of why they hate the Left – and wanted someone like President Trump, someone who reliably will not bow to the Left.
Suppose they do get that “kill shot”. What then? Pence is President (or, in an extreme scenario, Paul Ryan). And Trump becomes a martyr to the Left’s viciousness. Like Obi Wan Kenobi, as a ghost (political or otherwise) Trump would be more powerful than ever. What a brilliant strategy, lefties.
I know some individual, semi-good lefties who will do honest policy discussions and arguments: exchanging facts and admitting when they are proven wrong or didn’t know something. But the loudest, most devoted voices of the Left will do no such thing.
The loud/devoted Left just wants to intimidate people into silence – and to destroy people who won’t be silenced. They’ll preach about the importance of accepting election results – and then not do it. They want a socialist dictatorship, led by them. They don’t love America at all; they want to turn it into Venezuela. Yes, their hearts are evil.
The 2016 election didn’t turn on the leaked DNC and Podesta emails. But so what, if it did? The emails were real. They gave the voters true and relevant information. Except for the appropriate punishment of law-breakers via the criminal justice system, it does not matter how they leaked.
In Stefan Molyneux’s analogy, today’s Left is your cheating-pig ex-boyfriend. He’s outraged that you found out about his badness, and he’s determined to punish the person who showed you his e-mails proving it. Because he thinks that delivering such punishment will somehow win you back and reverse the results of your leaving him.
It’s nuts. And that’s why, in a larger sense, I don’t care what happens with President Trump.
I never supported him. I support truth. I support human freedom. I support the best thing happening. If having Trump as President is it, then God bless him; I’m glad of it, and glad for all of you who did support him. And if Trump doesn’t work out, it doesn’t matter: the devoted Left will still be their rotten selves, exposed and rejected by sane Americans, their power crumbling. Either way, “we win”.
With that said, some videos that I found either fun, or at least semi-interesting.
- An epic Trump vs. CNN meme.
- Even Dennis Kucinich Says Trump Jr. Meeting “Bunch of Nothing”.
- In our (well-justified) chortling and jollity over the Left’s Trumprussia lunacy, we must never forget that Vladimir Putin is a bad guy. Anti-Putin Dissident Vladimir Kara-Murza Tells PBS About His Two Poisonings.
Steve Scalise update: As of yesterday, he is in Fair condition, after more surgery to deal with “deep tissue” infections.
- After famously lying to the American people about what happened in Benghazi, and spying on Obama’s domestic opponents, Susan Rice now suggests (while pretending to be above suggesting it) that people criticize her just because they’re racists and sexists.
- Even CNN left-wing kook, Van Jones, will tell you privately that Trumprussia is a “nothingburger”.
- A new study shows that Seattle’s $15 minimum wage is costing jobs.
…boosting pay in low-wage jobs by about 3 percent since 2014 but also resulting in a 9 percent reduction in hours worked in such jobs. That resulted in a 6 percent drop in what employers collectively pay…
The report also estimated that there are about 5,000 fewer low-wage jobs in the city than there would have been without the law.
Yet lefties still support these job-destroying, business-destroying, income-destroying laws.
- The Federal Reserve’s chair, Janet Yellen, says that we won’t see another financial crisis in our lifetimes.
OMG! Famous last words?
On a fun note…Milo had a Coming Out Conservative event in New York.
I’m sure GP readers can relate to idea that nowadays, it is MUCH harder to come out as conservative than as gay.
I missed this last week, but here it is now. Study: Physically Weak Men More Likely To Be Socialists.
An academic study from researchers at Brunel University London assessed 171 men, looking at their height, weight, overall physical strength and bicep circumference, along with their views on redistribution of wealth and income inequality. The study, published in the Evolution and Human Behavior journal, found that weaker men were more likely to favor socialist policies than stronger men.
Brunel University’s Michael Price believes this may be a product of evolutionary psychology. “This is about our Stone Age brains, in a modern society,” said Dr. Price. “Our minds evolved in environments where strength was a big determinant of success. If you find yourself in a body not threatened by other males, if you feel you can win competitions for status, then maybe you start thinking inequality is pretty good.”
So, physical “haves” feel less threatened and enjoy inequality. In other words, they’re dumb jock bullies. That’s one interpretation. But it’s undermined by Brunel’s own evidence:
“When Dr Price factored in time spent in the gym some, but not all, of the link disappeared,” notes The Times, suggesting there may be something to men with capitalistic views hitting the gym.
[ILC stares at his shoelaces, wonders if he should cough] That strikes me as more truthful.
- Those who go to the gym, tend to be stronger.
- And they tend to understand the importance of health and strength in daily life: not only in appearing impressive to people, but in actually having more energy, being able to move more easily, having a reliable daily feeling of accomplishment and positive discipline, etc.
- And they tend to understand accountability for your own results. (Physical training teaches nothing, if not that.)
- From there, and at the risk of over-generalizing, they often drift into common-sense libertarian-conservative views, emphasizing personal responsibility.
- The process can also work in reverse: if you believe in personal responsibility, you may find yourself going “Hey, why don’t I hit the gym / get strong?”
At least that’s been my experience. I know some leftie gym buffs – again, you can’t over-generalize – but I live in a super-lefty area. (And the few who like MSNBC for real are always either women or weak, older men.) The percentage rate of being libertarian-conservative seems, to me, a bit higher among gym buffs than the general population. And the link is: philosophy of personal responsibility.
If you’d like to learn about strength training, a good place to start is www.startingstrength.com. (No affiliation.) They emphasize perfecting your “form” or technique to prevent injury. And that strength training is something for all people, of all ages. The leader, Mark Rippetoe, is sort of a gruff, dogmatic, ex-power-lifter – and I *think* he’s libertarian-minded, or at least anti-Hillary.
I have unblocked the word “faggot” in our comments section. It was past time, for 2 reasons:
- South Park “The F Word” made “fag” OK in 2009.
- Milo – it’s impossible to cover him without mentioning his “Dangerous Faggot” lecture tour.
As to Milo, he has re-launched. (He appears around 58:45 in the video.) Highlights:
- He has raised $12 million for a new media and book-publishing company that will be dedicated to ending political correctness and “making the lives of journalists, professors, politicians, feminists, Black Lives Matter activists and other professional victims a living hell.”
- He will be suing Simon & Schuster (presumably for breach of contract?), asking another $10 million.
- He is still planning MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK (no dates on it).
I saw this coming, after the Left’s coordinated attack on him in February. He’s not one to stay down and out.
By the way, Vanity Fair hates him. And if you’re thinking “pedophilia”, Milo had a few words for you back in February: “I do not support pedophilia. Period. It is a vile and disgusting crime, perhaps the very worst.” We at GayPatriot agree.
After Milo’s trouble in February, I knew he’d be back. He has a lot to say, he needs the attention, he’s fun and the camera loves him.
In light of recent controversies, I am planning a huge multi-day event called MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK in Berkeley later this year. We will hold talks and rallies and throw massive parties, all in the name of free expression and the First Amendment. All will be welcome, regardless of political affiliation.
During MILO’S FREE SPEECH WEEK, we will give out a new free speech prize — the Mario Savio Award — to the person we believe has done most to protect free expression at UC Berkeley and its surrounding area. Each day will be dedicated to a different enemy of free speech, including feminism, Black Lives Matter and Islam.
If UC Berkeley does not actively assist us in the planning and execution of this event, we will extend festivities to an entire month. We will establish a tent city on Sproul Plaza protesting the university’s total dereliction of its duty and encourage students at other universities to follow suit.
I intend to return Berkeley to its rightful place as the home of free speech — whether university administrators and violent far-left antifa thugs like it or not.
Mario Savio was, per Wiki, “a key member in the Berkeley Free Speech Movement. He is most famous for his passionate speeches, especially the ‘put your bodies upon the gears’ address given at Sproul Hall…on December 2, 1964.”
P.S. I respect and admire Ann Coulter, but do you want to know the difference between her and Milo? A penis and $20,000. (My understanding is that she charges 20K to speak to College Republicans, while he charges them zero. If that’s incorrect, I would be happy to hear it in the comments.)
CPAC speeches! These guys, at least, understand what’s wrong with America – namely, Big Government – and the corresponding importance of liberty and small government:
- Rick Perry on why Red States do better than Blue States.
- Ted Cruz (scroll down). “If you were to sit down and try to design an agenda to hammer the living daylights out of young people, you couldn’t do better than the Obama economic agenda.”
- Marco Rubio. “They love to sell Big Government as a way to help those who are trying to make it. What they don’t tell you is that they actually hurt the people who are trying to make it.”
- Rand Paul. “You may think I’m talking about electing Republicans. I’m not. I’m talking about electing lovers of liberty. It isn’t good enough to pick the lesser of two evils.” And it gets better from there.
- Sarah Palin. “There’s no free ride. Someone always pays. And if you don’t know who that someone is, it’s probably you.” – And too many other zingers to count. I love this woman!
That’s all I could watch in one sitting, while fighting my cold. Here is the full playlist; if you have a favorite, call it out in the comments!
My good friend and Match Game celeb regular, Tony Katz, is on a new mission. And I’m going to help as much as I can.
He is launching a new late-night talk show, from a conservative perspective. I LOVE the concept.
Tony Katz Tonight is what happens when Politically Incorrect meets Playboy After Dark. Upbeat interviews, honest discourse and huge laughs – without all the PC political garbage. Please, go to our IndieGogo campaign and donate. We have great swag to give away for all our contribution levels including customized videos, mugs, t-shirts, cigars and your ticket to attend a Tony Katz Tonight taping and be a part of the show!
I’ve donated, so please do the same. This is the ultimate in pop culture, conservative crowdsourcing fun!