Don’t worry, I’m probably not going to make these headline summaries a regular feature. Other bloggers do it better.
Still, I must again express my amazement at how, on any given day, a quick scan of the headlines reveals a world gone awry. Just from Ace and HotAir today:
- The IRS may be spying on your Facebook page and Twitter stream, for God-knows-what reason.
- Hundreds of leftists celebrate Thatcher’s death by partying and/or rioting. Meanwhile, an MSNBC host claims that she embodied greed. So much for human freedom, I guess.
- In Massachusetts, people are no longer allowed to defend themselves from wild animals.
- When are women *not* entitled to control the product of their bodies? When a creepy, duck-speaking lefty feels the need to take control of their kids.
- On the Aurora shooter, a tragedy of errors.
- It comes out that police were warned about him, a month before. That kinda works against the narrative in favor of gun control, so now…
- The Fox reporter who brought it out may go to jail. And…
- The rest of the media doesn’t care. A contrast to the Plame case which, remember, was much ado about nothing (except that it played against a GOP President).
- Meanwhile, North Korea threatens to launch nuclear missiles… and Obama still wants to cut missile defense spending.
- And lefty GWU students can’t get over the fact that a Catholic priest would teach Catholic teachings.
I need to start looking for things that are going right. Of course Obamacare, which kills both jobs and worker benefits, isn’t one of them.