My earlier post may have to become a series. As before, you may know the following already from news or other blogs, but it deserves to be acknowledged here at Gay Patriot.
- It’s Dec. 3 and the Obamacare web site is still broken for many people. CNN found that users still get error screens mid-stream. Others have found try-again-later messages. Worst of all, even if you do get through enrollment, you may still not actually be enrolled with any insurer.
- Cost of that broken web site? Estimated at $1 billion and counting. (Similar-size projects done by private companies *for their own core business* cost maybe $50-75 million.)
- Even Obama-loving, Democrat business owners are sour on Obamacare…after having taken away their employees’ coverage, on the grounds that Obamacare with its new plan mandates is just too costly for them as employers, but somehow not too costly for their employees.
- Even President Obama’s former press secretary, Robert Gibbs, thinks the Obama administration needs to become more honest. (Ouch!) Sadly, Sebelius didn’t get the memo.
- Things look so bad for Democrats politically that even Obama’s rubber-stamp, Sen. Al Franken, may be in trouble in 2014.
- Government-run health care doesn’t work in the UK either, where more than 1000 NHS patients have died of simple dehydration since 2003. (Hmm…an unofficial way they get rid of pesky, money-draining patients?)
UPDATES (late morning):
- More on people thinking they enrolled, but they really haven’t. “Bob Shlora of Alpharetta, Ga…told ABC News the ‘false braggadocio’ coming from the White House is making it worse.” As many as one third of enrollees are affected.
- Now that some people are signing up, they find that they just can’t afford Obamacare.
- When you sign up, your personal info still isn’t secure.
- Young people aren’t signing up in sufficient number.
- Insurers can’t get paid.
- Even in Royal Blue California, Obama’s approval has plummeted to barely half of voters.