Much of this is from Breitbart; they do a great job of covering it. But I added a few other things.
- James T. Hodgkinson wasn’t going to stop with Scalise; he had a list of Republican names in his pocket.
The list of names included Alabama Rep. Mo Brooks, South Carolina Rep. Jeff Duncan and Arizona Rep. Trent Franks, TheDC has confirmed. Fox News reported after this story that Ohio Rep. Jim Jordan, Tennessee Rep. Scott DesJarlais and Virginia Rep. Morgan Griffith are also on the list. All six congressmen are members of the House Freedom Caucus…
But they still don’t know his motive.
- Democrat strategist James Levine has launched #HuntRepublicans, an implied endorsement of Hodgkinson’s actions.
In the tweets that followed, he repeated the Gabby Giffords blood libel (on Sarah Palin). Lefties do love that libel.
By the way, I think it’s no accident that lefties would perceive the House Freedom Caucus as an existential threat. I wrote not long ago that it’s Producers vs. Looters. Socialists are looters, and the House Freedom Caucus, though not perfect, comes the closest to expressing the rights and views of producers.
- CBS’ Resident Idiot Scott Pelley wonders aloud if the shooting of Steve Scalise was “self-inflicted”.
Pretending to be even-handed, he casts the matter in terms which simultaneously obscure that Republicans were the target and imply that Republicans are at fault. Blame the victim…while hiding her.
- Elizabeth “Fauxcahontas” Warren is practically foaming at the mouth against President Trump. Imagine an election between those two.
- Breitbart has a roundup, A Year of Hate: 9 Times the Radicalized Left Engaged in Violence in the Trump Era.
Lowlights include multiple unprovoked, physical attacks on Trump supporters (including vulnerables such as older people and high school kids); a firebombing on GOP a office; and multiple Antifa rampages.
It goes on to say, “This list is by no means exhaustive. Indeed, it does not even scratch the surface of calls for violence in rhetorical discourse. To give perspective, over 12,000 tweets have called for Trump’s assassination since his inauguration.”
That’s correct. For example, they left out when Loretta Lynch suggested more blood and death in the streets. (“[People] have always had to work to move this country forward…They’ve marched, they’ve bled, yes some of them have died. This is hard. Every good thing is.”)
And they left out many attempts at violence that have been thwarted; for example, when Antifas plotted to gas the DeploraBall with butyric acid.
- A journey into the freak show at Evergreen State.
- Ann Coulter’s recent column asked if anyone remembers when the Left was super keen on having people respect the results of elections?
- Vegetarian lady drowns rabid raccoon with her bare hands. Hmm, is that a metaphor for something? What?