I tried to find a unifying angle but I’m in a hurry.
- First, it looks like Hillary has, just barely, won the official, popular vote. She lost geographically. Only in minority-dominated counties and the biggest cities, did majorities of people like her. States (or the Electoral College) still matter.
- We’re getting a look at Trump’s possible Cabinet. Sadly, Trump is considering people from Big Banking (Goldman Sachs or in other rumors, JP Morgan) for his Treasury secretary. Trump could turn out to be rather less anti-Establishment than some have hoped.
- Rudy Giuliani, a candidate for Trump’s Attorney General, has publicly suggested that President Obama not pardon Hillary. That’s good advice.
In general, Democrats (like Obama) are trying to spread the myth that prosecuting Hillary would only be political. The true issue would be the Clinton Foundation’s corruption and/or Hillary’s major security breaches. And whether or not the Clintons are allowed to lie, destroy evidence, etc. to obstruct justice? Let normal processes of investigation and justice do their work.
- It looks like Trump and Obama are both playing grownup in the transition. Obama called their conversation “excellent”. But, if Trump is such a racist xenophobic bigoted monster (as the Left tells us), how could that be?
- Speaking of Obama, I still remember being told in 2008 that the Lightworker’s brown skin would make foreigners love us. Update: In Greece, anti-Obama protestors storm the U.S. consulate.
- And the big winner of the 2016 election was… Weed.