Just to follow up my earlier post on the Donald Trump, Jr. situation. It turns out that:
- Someone called Rob Goldstone, a British publicist, arranged the meeting between Trump, Jr. and Veselnitskaya in June 2016.
- In a good act of transparency, Trump Jr. has released the emails that led up to it. (The left-leaning Guardian calls them “damning”; but of course they aren’t.)
- Trump Jr. took the meeting because he was a campaign operative and Goldstone promised – but then failed to deliver – a Russian whistleblower with “some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia…”
- Per USA Today:
Goldstone [arranged the meeting] at the request of his client, Azerbaijani-born pop singer Emin Agalarov, whose ties to Veselnitskaya are unclear.
[She] stated she had some information regarding illegal campaign contributions to the (Democratic National Committee)…
At the meeting, Goldstone said Veselnitskaya “presented a few very general remarks regarding campaign funding and then quickly turned the topic to something else.” (Multiple reports say she then spoke about Russia barring Americans from adopting…)
At that point, Goldstone said, “the meeting was halted by Don Jr., and we left. Nothing came of that meeting and there was no follow-up between the two parties.”
- Also, Veselnitskaya had NO meaningful ties to Putin or anyone high-level in the Russian government.
The emails make clear that Trump Jr. took the meeting because he wanted to expose illegal Hillary-Russia collusion, if that existed. He was told, in effect, that he was meeting a whistleblower. He surely knew that Hillary has a history of colluding with the Russians, seemingly in exchange for money.
It’s Orwellian that Trump Jr’s interest in exposing Hillary-Russia collusion (if more of that existed) would now be depicted as him supposedly colluding with Russians. But that’s the mentally-ill world we live in. Anti-Trumpers are calling these latest Nothing Burgers “explosive”, “disturbing”, “potentially treasonous”, and “the smoking gun”, because supposedly “The exchange demonstrates that the Trump campaign was eager for help from Russia” (Slate).
It’s all nonsense. It’s normal for campaigns to meet with anyone – American or foreign – who might have dirt on opponents. The term of art is “opposition research”. As noted below, Hillary’s campaign sure met with foreigners, to do it. And again, Trump Jr’s evidenced intent was to expose Russia collusion that he thought Hillary could be doing.
The whole incident smells like a setup, that Trump Jr. rightly dodged. As suggested in my earlier post, we need to know more about Goldstone’s, Agalarov’s, and/or Veselnitskaya’s ties to the Democrat dirty-tricks shop, Fusion GPS.
Sorry, lefties. Once more, you push the fake “Russia hacked the election – and Trump colluded” narrative, and you come up way short.
Here’s a couple stories worth looking at, lefties:
- How Ukraine hacked the election. Ukraine officials met with Hillary/DNC operatives to try to dig up dirt on Trump. (Exact same thing that you’re freaked out about, with Trump Jr.)
- How Saudi Arabia hacked the election. Crown Prince Salman asserted that he was responsible for 20% of Hillary’s campaign funds. As ZH puts it, ” It is illegal in the United States for foreign countries to try to influence the outcome of elections by funding candidates.”
Lefties – I understand your need to lie to yourselves about Trumprussia, but –
Why don’t you care about Ukraine hacking our democracy?
Why don’t you care about Saudi Arabia hacking our democracy?
Why don’t you care about Saudi Arabia and Qatar’s massive pay-for-play donations to the Clinton Foundation?
Why don’t you care about Hillary’s Russia collusion in giving away 20% of the U.S. uranium supply to Russia?
Why don’t you care about Bill, and the Podesta brothers, taking massive “fees” and other payoffs from Russian companies?
Palate cleanser: Lefties practicing their self-defense skills. It’s funny to see lisping, up-talk-y gamma males going on about martial arts – with zero self-awareness about how Antifa and the Left are the violent people in America today.