GUEST POST from GP Commenter V the K:
I’ll begin by stipulating that the Westboro Baptists are despicable people. I will also stipulate that their stated beliefs are obnoxious and appalling.* But as horrible as the Westboro’s are to all decent people, I grant them one thing: They have never threatened anyone with bodily harm nor wished death on anyone’s children. (If you take them at their word, ‘Turn or Burn’ is merely a warning of the consequences of what they see as sinful behavior.)
Contrast the relative non-violence of the WBC with our friends on the progressive left:
- Gay activist/Democrat Party official Allen Brauer wishes death on the children of a Ted Cruz staffer.
- Gun-hating liberal professor David Guth wishes death on the chidren of NRA members.
- Liberal university administrator wishes death to “nonbelievers” of ObamaCare.
- Gay activist (and complete d-bag) Dan Savage calls for the death of all Republicans.
- Obama mentor Bill “Kill your parents” Ayers called for the death of 25 million people in order to install socialism in America.
There you have it. Progressive Left – Advocates murdering opponents and their children. WBC – has never advocated murder or violence toward anyone. Moral Advantage – WBC.
(Sidebar: For the record, I don’t believe the WBC is sincere, I think they’re trolling on a massively successful scale, but that’s a topic for another time.)
Update BTW, if this tweet is genuine, the Westboro Baptists hate the Tea Party as much as the Progressive Left does. How does it feel to be on the same side?