Let’s catch up on how the left-wingers’ feared Climate of Hate is doing. Most of this is via Instapundit.
- President Obama in 2013: “You don’t like a particular policy or a particular president? Then argue for your position. Go out there and win an election. Push to change it. But don’t break it. Don’t break what our predecessors spent over two centuries building. That’s not being faithful to what this country’s about.”
Obama today? Kinda silent.
- Those lefties harrassing the Electoral College to get them to vote Hillary are doing it right… for Trump. Oh, so right!
“They attack my religion, they attack my politics, they tell me that I must be a terrible father, I must be a terrible American, they use foul language — every swear word,” reported one. By the way, Politico published the list of electors.
- Americans’ confidence in Trump is growing. Coincidence?
- One libertarian has the right idea: He treats all this as a Teaching Moment to explain gun ownership and self-defense to liberals.
- The incomparable Mark Steyn rounds up a lot more. “Just a thought, but, if you keep insisting that half your fellow citizens are haters, maybe you’re the hater.”
And, to give credit where it’s due: Tom Hanks Breaks from Hollywood Pack and Says He Hopes Trump Does Well.
“This is the United States of America. We’ll go on. There’s great like-minded people out there who are Americans first and Republicans or Democrats second,” Hanks told THR. “I hope the president-elect does such a great job that I vote for his re-election in four years.”
UPDATE: Good read from J.C. Bourke, Why All The Hippies Morphed Into Campus Fascists.