It amazes me how many legit stories I have to skip over each day, for brevity or lack of time. As I made the following list, I skipped over many other worthwhile items.
- 53 House Democrats told Defense Secretary Mattis to not comply with the transgender ban.
“We write to not only express our strong opposition to President Trump’s recent tweets seeking to ban transgender individuals from the military, but to remind you not to comply with any unconstitutional directive which may ultimately be issued,” according to the letter, which was signed by Armed Services ranking member Rep. Adam Smith, D-Wash., and Judiciary ranking member Rep. John Conyers, D-Mich.
- Attorney General Sessions is finally going to look into all those leaks.
Session said criminals who have leaked classified information are “being investigated and will be prosecuted.” He added that four people have already been charged with leaking classified material and related counts, and investigations have tripled.
Sessions said he has directed Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and new FBI Director Christopher Wray to oversee all classified leak investigations and actively monitor the progress.
He said a new counterintelligence unit has been created to manage cases, and he has directed the National Security Division and U.S. attorneys to prioritize cases involving unauthorized disclosures.
There’s some brouhaha over more aggressive subpoenas on reporters, but they’re still mainly going after the actual leakers. Which is right.
- AG Sessions is finally going to look at Obama’s government slush fund for left-wing groups.
…[The DOJ’s] “cy pres” payments were a long-standing policy of having mostly corporate defendants, for example in a civil rights suit, agree to pay into charities as part of their settlement with the government to avoid further prosecution.
In recent years, especially during the Obama administration, the practice increasingly funneled funds to left-wing “community organizing” groups…
…Sessions…put a stop to the payments unilaterally in June…The new memo, dated July 28, goes further, commanding DOJ attorneys to look back into the history of these settlements and report back every payment that would not meet the new standards laid down in June.
- The rumors of NSA McMaster having a ‘purge list’ have made it into the White House staff, rattling them.
- Alex Jones and Mike Cernovich got wild today with talk of the Deep State planning to outright-assassinate Trump, which could seem like irresponsible speculation, until you see stories like this one: Maxine Waters says ‘When We Finish With Trump, We Have to Go and Get’ Pence.
A coup isn’t being planned, could never happen here, that’s ridiculous, don’t spread horrible rumors you liars…..Folks, should we go with that idea? Or: leading Democrats are telling the military to disobey President Trump (see first item, above) and already looking forward to phase 2 of the coup, ‘Get Pence’? Which is it?
I hope to do a post later on the week’s Awan Scandal news.